As the ball drops in front of Christen she puts her laces through the ball and volley's it past Kailen Sheridan making the score 1-0 in the first 5 seconds.

"IT WORKED." Becky shouts and hugs me.

"FRECKLES." I hear Christen shout.

Becky and I break our hug then I turn towards the shout and see Christen in a full sprint running at me. I open my arms and a second later Christen jumps into my arm.

"I can't believe that worked." I say. "Great finish by the way."

"Screw the finish." Kelley says then Christen slaps her arm "That assist was amazing."

"Rude." Christen says as the other girls hug me.

Once all the celebrating is over I get back to my position and get ready for the whistle to restart the game which comes a few seconds later.

In the 20th minute Becky intercepts a pass and decides to take the safe option and play back to Ash. I make space for Ash to pass to if she needs an outlet, but she plays it long so I jog up field. While I'm walking around near midfield Lindsey receives the ball from Julie, but she's immediately put under pressure by Christine Sinclair and Jessie Fleming so she passes to Becky. Becky goes to trap the ball, but she slips and the ball goes straight to Jordyn Huitema on the opposite side of the field from me. Jordyn takes off toward goal so I sprint after her and try to catch her, but when Jordyn takes a heavy touch Ash sprints out of goal to get the ball.

Seeing this I decide to sprint towards goal just incase Jordyn gets the ball over Ash.

As the ball gets into the 18 yard box Ash dives to get it, but at the last possible second Jordyn chips the ball high over Ash and all she can do is watch. I, on the other hand, am still in a dead sprint, but when I see Ash get chipped I kick it into another gear and sprint after the ball.

Just as the ball is about to bounce into the goal I reach the ball so I slam my foot into it and send it flying somewhere then I crash into the net.

"Ow" I say while upside down with my head on the ground and my feet in the air.

"TALIA." I hear Becky yell so I turn my head which was a stupid idea.

When I turn my head I fall forward and land on my front.

"Ow again." I say as the team surrounds me.

"Where did that speed come from Munchkin?" Tobin asks.

"I don't know...Where's the ball?" I ask.

"YOU CLEARED IT TO MIDFIELD" Kelley yells.

"Well that's kinda cool." I say.

"I fucking love you." Ash says.

"Aww thanks Ash." I say and roll over onto my back.

"Okay before we celebrate even more." Christen says and squats down next to me. "Are you okay Freckles?"

"Um I'm a bit thirsty, but other than that I'm fine." I admit.

"You just made a 80 yard sprint, cleared the ball to midfield, then landed upside down in the net and you're just thirsty?" Alex asks.

"Ugh yeah? Should I not be?"

"You are one of a kind Freckles." Christen says and helps me up.

After I'm on my feet Ash hands me her water so I take a quick drink.

"Are you okay?" The ref asks.

"Yes Ma'am I'm fine." I say.

The ref nods then runs into her position.