31. Screaming On The Inside.

Start from the beginning

"How do you know? Don't you want kids or something?" Roan was really confused now.

"It's not that I don't want them Roan. I can't have them! I can't have kids!" Clarke exclaimed.

Roan stood silent. Suddenly everything made sense. Clarke's reaction, Bellamy being so secretive. It all made sense. Clarke wasn't upset that someone else was pregnant, she was upset because she couldn't.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Roan said softly.

"Because I didn't want anyone to know. I didn't want the pity." Clarke shook her head.

"I'm your brother Clarke. You can tell me anything!" Roan exclaimed.

"I'm scared Roan." Clarke whispered. He hadn't expected that. Clarke was the strongest woman he knew. After everything she'd been through, she came out on top.

"Come here." Roan opened his arms for his sister. He wrapped his arms around her small frame and held her tightly. "Why are you scared? You have nothing to worry about."

"What if he realises I'm not enough. What if he sees the baby and decides he should be with his child and Gina?" Clarke sobbed.

"Look at me." Roan said sternly, pulling away. "That boy loves you more than he's ever loved anyone. I'd dare say he loves you more than his own mother." Clarke let out a weak chuckle. "He would fight tooth and nail to see you happy. Nothing on this Earth is ever going to change how Bellamy feels about you."

"Yeah, But," Clarke began, only to be cut off by Roan.

"No buts. Bellamy is in love with you Clarke. End of. He's not going to leave you!" Roan said sternly.

"He's right." Bellamy's voice came from behind Clarke.

Clarke turned around slowly to see Bellamy stood in the doorway.

"I'll give you two a minute." Roan smiled. He gave Clarke one last hug and clapped a hand on Bellamy's shoulder as he left the room.

"I'm sorry I ran out like that." Clarke sniffled. "I just saw the picture and I freaked."

"Don't be sorry. You had every right to. I understand." Bellamy nodded. "If I'd have known she was going to send me that I would have waited."

"No, it's fine. I'm pleased I got to see it." Clarke attempted a smile.

"You are?" Bellamy asked, his brows creasing together.

"Well yeah. I've been thinking, just because I can't have a baby, doesn't mean we can't be a family. I won't be a mom, but I can at least be stepmom, right?" Clarke said shyly.

Bellamy smiled at her. "You'll be the best stepmom there ever was. We can still be a family."

"We'll be alright won't we?" Clarke asked carefully.

Bellamy pulled Clarke into his arms.

"Of course we will. I love you Clarke. Nothing is going to change that." Bellamy said before placing a kiss on her head.

"I love you too. I'm sorry I've been so difficult lately. It's just hard." Clarke said.

"I know. But you always have me to help you through the rough days. I'm always gonna be here." Bellamy said sincerely.

"You really are the best thing in my life Bellamy. Crossing the line was the best thing I ever did." Clarke smiled up at him.

"How about we cross it even further?" Bellamy said suddenly.

"What do you mean?" Clarke asked, this time her brows were the ones to furrow in confusion.

"Clarke Eliza Griffin, you are the most amazing, caring, loving and funniest woman I have ever known. I can't imagine anyone else taking your place." Bellamy smiled. "Be mine forever Clarke. Marry me."

"Are you serious?" Clarke grinned.

"As serious as Octavia going on a shopping trip." Bellamy smirked.

"That serious?" Clarke chuckled.

"So what do you say? You ready to put up with me for the rest of your life?" Bellamy smiled.

"Any day." Clarke beamed. "Of course I'll marry you Bellamy."

Clarke couldn't remember a time she felt so genuinely happy. From this moment on, she swore she would only focus on the positives in her life. She had the man of her dreams, a loving and supportive family and the best friends a girl could ask for.

Clarke didn't think anything could possibly ruin this moment for her.

That was until Octavia burst into the room with tears streaming down her face.

"Mom's been rushed to hospital!"

****

Sorry! Please don't hate me! I decided to treat you all to some fluffness but you guys know Bellarke don't have a simple, easy life!
*hides behind huge rock*