Ch. 10 - Well This Is Awkward...

< Chapter 10: Well This Is Awkward... >

♥ Justin's POV: ♥

(A/N: For the first time, YAY!)

I stumble downstairs, annoyed that someone interrupted what could've been a magical moment for Jamie and I. I grumpily approach the front door, hearing the shower Jamie had just entered even from here. The doorbell rang again and I reached for the doorknob, turning it slowly. I opened it and froze when I realized who was standing in front of me.

"Surprise!!" Selena shouted, hugging me tightly. "I decided to come visit since I knew you'd be here with Jamie!"

Shit. This could not get worse.

"H-hi.." I gulped, releasing her from the hug. She smiled and pecked my lips, instantly making me close my eyes, disturbed. I know I haven't technically broken up with her, but I really don't want to kiss her. I'm not hers, I'm Jamie's.

"I missed you," she wrapped her arms around my neck. I didn't know what to say. I mean, it's not like if I like Jamie I hate Selena now. What we had isn't something to just forget and throw away.

"Oh."

She gave me the look. Her smile faded and she released me. Her expression read confusion, and a little bit hurt.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked. I looked away, refusing to meet her eyes. How do I begin to explain how many things are wrong in my situation?

"I don't know.." I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I felt Selena's hands cup my face and force me to look at her. I stared into her big brown eyes I fell for since the beginning. One of the many reasons I really loved being her boyfriend, so I can stare into them all day.

"You can tell me, babe," she said in a comforting tone, leaning in slowly. No I shouldn't, I can't.. Ugh, too late. The feeling of her lips overwhelmed me. She kissed me lightly, licking my bottom lip. I've always loved these kisses, but I'm afraid they're not mine to keep anymore, and I need to let her know. I need to pull away before a-

"JUSTIN?!?!"

I instantly pulled away and saw Jamie looking at us both at the top of the stairs. Pain shielded her eyes and she looked extremely shocked and disappointed.

"No Jamie, please, it's not what it looks like!" I begged, walking up the stairs in her direction. Her hair was fairly wet from the shower and it looked cute on her. I didn't give shit about what Selena must be feeling right now. I know she's confused because, well... She doesn't know about Jamie and I's love.

"I thought you were breaking up with her... Instead she shows up and you kiss her?" her voice was shaking as she backed away from me. She had lowered her voice so Selena - who was the only one downstairs by now - didn't hear her.

"She kissed me, and I can't just break up with her like that," I muttered the last part.