Ch. 50 - Big News

< Chapter 50: Big News >

♥ Jamie's POV: ♥

"What a surprise," the doctor said, walking into the room. "You're having triplets."

"What?!" Justin burst out, standing up from his seat. We were at the doctor's office one month later and after we made our appointment to find out the gender of our baby. Well it turns out we're gonna find out the gender of our babies, as in plural.

"T-triplets?" I choked out, unable to believe the news. It wasn't necessarily any bad news, but it certainly wasn't news I was expecting.

"Yes. Triplets, meaning 3 babies," the doctor smiled, jotting something down on her clipboard. I looked over at Justin, who was still staring at the doctor in shock. I waited until he decided to say something but nothing came out, so I decided I should speak first.

"Are you sure it's not just twins, or…?" I asked.

"Nope. It turns out that that you are indeed having two more babies than you probably expected. Congratulations you two!" she clapped her hands before sitting down on her chair.

"Thank you," I smiled back at her and then watched Justin again. I studied his face carefully, feeling butterflies swarm around my stomach. He doesn't look too pleased to hear the number of babies we're having by having sex that one time.

"Do you guys have any questions before I tell you their sexes?" the doctor turned to us and both her and I stared at Justin, who still wasn't speaking. He raised his head and noticed we were both looking at him.

"No," he simply said, sighing and running a hand through his hair.

"Alrighty then, I'm just going to tell you how many boys and girls you have in there," the doctor proceeded, reviewing her notes one more time. "The first baby is-"

"-I'm sorry, can I please just step out for a second?" Justin interrupted.

"Is something wrong?" the doctor questioned, leaning forward on her seat.

"What? Um, no. Not at all. I just.. I need to.. Sorry," he muttered, walking towards the door. He swung it open and just like that, he was gone.

I have a bad feeling about this.

"So… Umm.. Would you still like to know the genders, or…?" the doctor awkwardly asked me. I sat there and looked down at my belly. I was definitely showing a lot more, and maybe a little too much. Maybe I do have triplets in there.

"Sure," I said quietly, picking my bag up from the floor.

"Okay, so… The first baby is male and it seems as so this little guy is going to be the first one out to see the world," she smiled, searching me for a reaction.