episode 30.2: the end of a dynasty [part 2]

💎

"Do we have to do this? I mean, it's swell and all but do you actually need to do all this?" Lucas whined to his sister who just chuckled as she straightened his red tie. They were currently in his room preparing for his official 'introduction to society' party. "You guys already made an announcement through media. Isn't that enough?"

"No it's not," the Kim matriarch interjected as Jisoo pushed her wheelchair and Yuqi walked next to her--the three women dressed in various shades of red. Lucas immediately walked over to kiss their grandmother's cheek and of course, his pregnant girlfriend's lips. "Kim's deserve the best and you're my grandson."

This made Lucas grimace and turn to his only sister for rescue.

"Relax, Luke. This is nothing compared to the engagement part halmeoni's planning for Yuqi and you," she teased.

"What? There's more?!"

The ladies burst out laughing including the ex-Chairwoman. Lucas groaned and kept whining about the extravagance of being a Kim and how he wanted to go back being a regular citizen.

"Lis, I saw this outside and it was addressed to you," Jisoo said handing her an envelope. "I didn't check who it's from so you better be cautious."

She opened it and a wide smile was drawn on her face as she read the content.

"Who's it from?" Lucas asked.

"Jungkook," she said--a smile still etched on her face. The younger guy grimaced. Even though they put everything behind them, the Jungkook and Lucas haven't quite warmed up to each other yet.

She then excused herself to find her son and of course, her dashing husband.

After Sooyoung's death, Joohyun was turned over to the authorities. But judging by her state of mind when the authorities came to collect her, it was advised for her to be brought into a psych ward rather than in prison. She agreed--much to Jungkook's annoyance and utter disbelief. However, the court did not allow Joohyun to attend her sister's funeral. Cruel but they cannot risk any more trouble.

"This isn't over. I will get my revenge."

Those final words from Joohyun made her shiver. It might've been an empty threat but, she can't be so sure. The woman managed to get a dead person's body buried into their home. Also, she managed to almost break Jungkook and her.

As she reached the end of the hallway, she noticed a couple of rose petals scattered all over the floor. Her heart fluttered. The trail led her to the wine cellar. Who knew her husband can be sentimental as fuck?

"Jungkook?"

"I'm so glad you can join me, Ms. Kim."

💎

"What?! Joohyun escaped?!" Jungkook blurted out as soon as Yugyeom passed on the news from the authorities. A couple of police came with him to serve as added security for the family during the event. "And they chose to inform us just now?!"

"They told us as soon as they confirmed that Joohyun wasn't in the vicinity of the mental institution," Yugyeom explained. "Don't worry, Kook. There's more than enough security personnel roaming around the property to make sure you are all safe—"

"Jungkook, what's up?"

His head turned towards the newly arrived guests which was Yoongi, his girlfriend Nayeon and his brother, Namjoon.

Jungkook battled with himself whether or not to tell Yoongi about it. He knew nothing much except for the Lucas thing. He's still in the shadows with all the Joohyun thing. Though Lisa mentioned she needed to talk to the guy about it. As to why, he had no idea.