episode 10: hitched without a hitch

💎

Everyone in the ballroom was genuinely shocked. Even Jin and Jisoo didn't know how to react. As they too were caught off-guard.

"What the hell?" Jennie blurted out turning towards Taehyung. "Did you know about this?"

"What?" Taehyung—who was equally shocked as everyone else, replied. "No. I have no idea what the fuck is going on right now."

Jennie's gaze automatically scanned the room looking for Lisa.

Fists clenched tightly, Lisa was furious. She got played by her grandmother once again. How did she not see this?

She knew very well how her grandmother never takes "no" for an answer. And she never concedes to anyone. Even to her own flesh and blood.

Yoongi ending things with her should've been her clue. Why would he do that so suddenly? And Yoongi had always been a terrible actor. She should have seen through him.

And the scandal? Her brother. The old woman knew she can never say no to her older brother. Even if she hates him now, everyone knew she can't say exactly "no" to him.

"You manipulative witch," she whispered under her breath as the old woman walked towards her and gave her a hug. All eyes were on them so she couldn't push Satan away.

"You may know a lot in business, dear, but I have age right by my side," the woman confidently replied as they broke the hug. "It's been quite a while, actually. It was a nice little game while it lasted, my dear. I'm looking forward to the next one. Oh and by the way, you report to the office starting monday. You'll be my representative for the time being."

Lisa tightened her clenched fists as she tried her best to compose herself. That monster. Using her as collateral just to acquire a new business.

"Miss Kim." She felt a light tap on her shoulder as a baritone voice cut her thoughts. Slowly, she faced the "intruder".

A nice looking guy, maybe a few years her senior, greeted her.

"It's nice to finally meet the youngest face of YK group," the guys said as shook her hand. "I've heard so much about your from Chairwoman Kim."

She feigned a smile. "As much as I'd like to tell you the same but, I know nothing about you, Mr. Oh."

"Sehun's fine, Miss Kim," he corrected. "I was informed about the merger through my father, the Chairman of SS group just a few days ago. But I would love to tell you more about myself over a cup of coffee sometime."

Lisa squinted her eyes. There was something devious about this man. She just couldn't put her finger on it.

"I have time right now," she said smiling at the guy. "You wouldn't mind if we trade coffee with champagne, right?"

"Of course," the guy answered offering his arm for her to cling on.

If her grandmother wants to play dirty, so can she.

💎

Lisa sipped her champagne as she stared through the fireplace. Oh Sehun. Charmer, smart, intimidating but not as much as she was. They shared quite a good conversation for a pair caught off guard with a sudden engagement announcement.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

She turned towards the door only to see Jeon Jungkook leaning by the door frame, suit elsewhere and his dress shirt a bit disheveled.