episode 16: friendzone

💎

"It's him, Kook. I swear. We have to do something or else he might go after Jin!" Jisoo said in panic as she paced back and forth inside one of the Kim Mansion's guestroom.

Right now, Taehyung went to check on his twin sister which gave him enough time to quickly get his things. After what happened, he wants to be there next to her as much as possible. He also came to convince Jisoo.

He knew why Jinyoung went to him first. He knows. He knows about Jisoo and Jin. And only a fool wouldn't notice how smitten his wife was to the young CEO. His brother wanted him to convince Jisoo to go back to him. And he used Lisa as the bait.

"You know why he's doing this, noona," he responded. "He wants you. You two are married so you should go back to him. He's gonna do what you've always wanted. He's gonna stop. Just one last heist and you're both off to the countryside--"

"Bullshit," she hissed. "Do you know how many times he said that to me? He says that all the fucking time! One last heist and we'll finally settle down and make a family of our own. But that never happened."

"He's not that bad--"

"You've been away from us for years, Jungkook," Jisoo blurted out. "You don't know how hard it was for me. I loved him, yeah, but I can't live like this anymore. I can't whore myself for your brother to feed his greed. And I can't be that stupid little girl who believes in his promises."

Pain, anger and frustration pierced through her eyes as it started to water. But no tear fell. Jisoo was a tough woman. She's endured so much. He did too.

"You should too," she continued. "You're smart, Jungkook. Stop believing your brother's words. You know he's a liar. You can't keep believing him--"

Jungkook then raised his phone shocking Jisoo. With that he also motioned her to not be obvious. On the screen was an on-going call with Jinyoung. Jisoo turned to him confused.

"But noona," he said sounding as convincing as he could. "I think hyung's really serious this time. Please give him a chance. I took care of the money he wanted. All he needs now is you."

Jisoo caught up.

"And you know this... why? Are you in contact with him, Kook?"

"Yes," he said. "He told me the plan. 500 million and then you two are off to the countryside."

"But how... how did you manage to get 500 million?"

"I'm Lisa's husband now, remember? I have access to her bank account," he lied. The truth is, he doesn't even know her goddamned bank information. "She won't notice this missing. 500 million can guarantee you both a good life and enough to raise a family of your own."

Silence. Jisoo was cautious. If she answered instantly, he would sense that there's something wrong. If Jungkook doesn't convince her, he'd go after Jin. So she took a moment before answering.

"Fine," she said. "I'll give your brother a chance."

And with that, Jungkook ended the call. They both sighed.

"What are you planning, Jungkook?"

"I plan on ending this, noona. Once and for all."

💭

"Took you long enough, JK," Jinyoung said on the other line. "So, how's your lovely wife taking it?"

"You son of a bi--"