episode 14: elements of a con

💎

Lisa's eyes fluttered open as she felt soft kisses on her bare shoulder. She can't help but smile and turn to the suspect.

"Good morning, wife," Jungkook greeted her. "Slept well?"

She nodded and smiled. He then busied himself by tucking the loose strands of hair behind her ear.

Of all the morning she woke up to, this was by far the best. A total hundred-eighty degree turn from the other day.

"What's for breakfast?" she asked stretching. "Want me to whip up something for you?"

Jungkook smiled before giving her a light peck on the lip.

"As much as I want to be fed by you, it's a pass for now," he answered making her pout. "I need to leave for now since I have to got back to the mansion and talk with Jisoo."

"Why? Is there something wrong?" She asked sitting up. Jungkook gently kissed her cheek. "Kook..."

"It's nothing, wife," he assured her. "She's been bugging me about what we did. I think now I have the right reason to get her off my back once and for all."

Lisa felt her cheeks burn a little as she remembered what exactly happened yesterday. A lot of yelling, crying and confessing happened. And of course, sex. Lots and lots of sex.

"I'll be back soon," he said kissing her on the lips once again.

As soon as Jungkook went out of the bedroom, she let her body fall on the mattress. She sighed. Not the wary one but the happy kind of sigh. She saved her family's dynasty from a psycho, showed her grandma she's not the kind of person to mess with and at the same time be happy. Best 200 million won ever spent.

Then her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Is your boytoy still in there?"

"Good morning to you too, Chaeng," she answered.

"What morning? It's already two in the afternoon," the girl blurted out. "Were you that tired to oversleep that much?"

"It's my honeymoon," she defended. "I'm allowed to oversleep because of exhaustion."

"OH MY FUCKING GOD!"

Lisa's eyes grew wide as she recognized the owner of the voice who just screamed on the other line.

"You put me on fucking speakerphone?!" she hissed. "Park Chaeyoung you traitor!"

"YOU BETTER COME DOWN HERE IN THE CLUB, LALISA KIM OR GOD FORBID I'LL DRAG YOU DOWN HERE MYSELF!"

"Okay fine, Jen. I'll go there. Just give me an hour to get ready."

"Good," the girl said calming down. "You still have a lot of things to explain after you pulled that thing on your wedding day."

"She's trying to fish out information from me but I swear, my loyalty's with you, Li," Chaeyoung said sweetly.

"I'll buy you that new Chanel purse if you'll fill me in some details—"