episode 13: fears and everything in between

💎

"So you've decided to pester me again," Hoseok said chuckling as Lisa unceremoniously arrived in his office. "Did Jin kick you out of YK again?"

Lisa huffed before letting her back fall on the soft couch of his office.

"I don't know what to do with life anymore, oppa," she said staring at the ceiling. "I'm not a Kim anymore."

"So I've heard," the older guy said as he stood up from his swivel chair and walked towards the couch. "If you wanted a husband so badly, I could've volunteered. Free of charge."

"Do you like me like me, oppa? Not the sisterly kind," she asked.

"No but, I know you'll be safer with me," he answered straight.

"But if I married you, how could I have stopped my brother's wedding, save the company and not get married to a psycho out to destroy my family all in one?" she countered making Hoseok chuckle as he sat by her side.

"Marriage with any man would've voided your marriage towards Sehun. Even with a stranger, you could've saved the company," he replied. "And marrying Jisoo's brother won't have any effect with their marriage, to be honest."

"But law states we can't marry relatives up to eighth degree—"

"That's for 'blood relatives'," he corrected. "Your affiliation with Jisoo would've been through marriage. It won't count."

"Oh."

Hoseok broke into a wide smile before making her sit up.

"I'm imposing a forced leave for you," he said. "You're supposed to be on your honeymoon."

"But oppa—"

"No buts, Lalisa," he said pushing her towards the door. "You should stop hiding and just face your husband. What you're doing right now isn't gonna help your feelings for him."

"What are you talking about?"

Hoseok chuckled and playfully pinched her cheek.

"You wouldn't have chosen him if you didn't like him, right?"

💎

"So you don't have any plans of leaving this apartment?"

Chaeyoung, her ever supportive sister from another mother, said as she sat beside Lisa on her bed.

"Hobi oppa threw me out of the office," she answered. "He said I'm supposed to be on my honeymoon."

"He does have a point," her best friend said as she laid her legs on the bed with her.

"I don't care if those shoes are Louboutin's but I swear, Park Chaeyoung, I'll throw them out of you stain my sheets."

Chae ignored her threat and proceeded to move under the sheets with her.

"This place is so cozy," she said cuddling Lisa—much to her annoyance. "Are you looking for a roommate or something? This place is close to the club. It will totally save me some gas traveling there if you'd let me stay here."