episode 29: of lies and alibis

💎

"Li, listen to me. You shouldn't let your emotions get to you. Think logically. Jungkook might be a crook but he is faithful. We've known him since forever."

All Lisa could hear were mumbles. She barely even felt Eunwoo's hands on her shoulder as he tried to talk to her.

Yes, it was Jungkook and Irene. They both looked all fucked up. Like they ran a mile or fucked each other's eyeballs out. But that's not the case.

Someone else was using Jungkook's phone to facetime with her. To show her what her husband has done. It was planned. A plan to destroy her marriage.

But why? And Irene? Jennie trusted her. And she trusted Jennie with her life. How? Why? And fucking hell, how did Jungkook even end up there?

"Li, the video was taken at least a few steps away from those two. Jungkook wouldn't do that to you—"

"I know," she whispered but clear enough for the rest to hear. "I'm not a fucking retard. I know someone has his phone. But that doesn't—"

She couldn't even say it. Not because her head was all scrambled up but... it's because there was nothing. Pure nothing. It's like in one snap, she became hollow. A shell with nothing in it. Lifeless.

"Bammie..."

"Li?"

She locked gazes with the guy. Her eyes empty.

"Can you please handle the launch project? I don't think I can be able to handle it..."

"Li..."

Ignoring the guy's plea, she turned to DK.

"I'll be taking an indefinite leave. Take care of the company, okay?"

"Lisa—"

She forced a smiled after heaving a heavy sigh. Her attention fell towards the boys of the 97.

"Thank you for you help," she said while standing up. One by one, she gave her friends a hug. "I'll be fine. I'll always be. But I just... I just need some time away. Maybe bond with my son away from this place. I just... I just can't face him yet."

"Li, I know it may seem like he slept with her but—"

"Whether or not he stuck his dick in another woman, he's still in her bed," Mingyu suddenly said voicing out Lisa's unspoken words—which she deeply appreciated. "I mean, how did he even end up with her in the first place? But he hurt her regardless if it was intentional or not. Can't you guys see that?"

"Maybe he was drugged?" Yugyeom defended his best friend. "Gyu, we have to think logically here. I know you're pissed too but we all know Kook. He won't do something like this."

Mingyu was about to argue on her behalf but she stopped him.

"I'm not leaving him," she stated. Their conversations the past weeks echoing inside her head. How she was abandoning her son and husband. On how she can't seem to get her priorities straight. Maybe... Maybe it's her fault. "I love him and I'm willing to fight for him. But not right now. I... I... I just need to clear my head or something. I haven't told you guys but Kook and I... we've been having problems lately. And I was... I was considering leaving the company and just be a silent partner or something--"