episode 27: bury a friend

💎

Irene's grin grew wider as she turned on the television screen. A female reporter with the Kim's Mansion as the background was flashed with a headline saying "Unidentified Female Body found at Kim Mansion" talking about how a dead body was found at Korea's most powerful family's home. She stated that an investigation was being pushed by the police and are eager to identify the corpse's identity. Stocks of YK Group plummeted and the credibility of the family was at risk.

The raven-haired girl elegantly took a glass of fine wine and took a single sip before turning towards her left. A girl laid lifeless on a king-sized bed with tubes and all sorts of medical apparatus attached to her body.

Five years... five long painful years of watching her sister in pain and lifeless. It's only now that they're getting what they truly deserved.

She was studying abroad when she got the news from her family that her younger sister, Sooyoung, seemed to have gotten involved in a vehicular accident that rendered her immobile--comatose. It was hard for her to believe what had happened not because it was so sudden but because of the fact that her sister wouldn't be caught dead driving. The mere fact that she's seated on the driver's seat gives her panic attacks because of what happened when they were kids.  So how could Sooyoung be involved in an accident where she's the one driving? Surely someone would've been with her.

But as soon as she got back, she saw Kim Daseom, Chairwoman of YK Group, hand out a huge amount of money to her parents. What are the odds that the most powerful woman in their country go through such lengths just for an ordinary employee? Surely she didn't go handing out cash to all of her employees who happens to have a daughter currently comatose-d.

That was her first lead: The Kim's.

She told her parents about it but they were too blinded by the money given to them that they dismissed the idea and insisted that the Chairwoman just did it out of good heart and love for her employees. This got her so furious that she faked Sooyoung's death and moved her somewhere their parents would never find. She also did an investigation of her own and found out that Kim Seokjin--who happens to be the Chairwoman's grandson and heir to the company, had been seen with her sister a lot of times and she'd been to the mansion.

So that only meant that the Kim's were behind her sister's "accident".

At first she wanted to infiltrate YK Group head-on. But she had changed her mind when she found out that Kim Seokjin had a girlfriend--Park Jennie. Turns out they've weren't together anymore and Sooyoung was the reason for it making Jennie a possible suspect since 'hell hath fury like a woman scorned'. So she applied for a secretarial job at Park Holdings and from there, work her way up to the woman and find out whether she was involved or not. But she was wrong. It wasn't her. And it wasn't Seokjin because he loved her so much he almost killed himself when he found out about her death. That only meant one thing: Kim Daseom was the one responsible for her sister's "death".

But being close to Park Jennie wasn't a waste of time since apparently, she's dating Kim Seokjin's other brother, Kim Taehyung--not that he had anything to do about it but it would be easy for her to torture the family. To strip them off of their power, wealth and connections. And it all started when Kim Taehyung trusted her--through Jennie.

One afternoon on Jennie's office, she overheard that Jisoo--Taehyung's sister-in-law was looking for a landscape architect for their garden. Being the reliable secretary that she is, she volunteered of her most trusted friends for the job, Seungwan. Son Seungwan was one of Korea's top interior designers so Jennie immediately agreed and had her arrange the Kim's for a meeting with her. This gave her access to the Kim's Mansion which gave her one of the most brilliant plan ever: scare them with a corpse.