Chapter 1: I Return To The School Of Eternal Monsters Attacks

~4 weeks later~

~~~~~~

The Demigod Chronicles Book 3 ~ Chapter 1

~~~~~~

Zoe

I laid down in my bed which was more comfortable than ever until my alarm went off. 

I groaned and put the pillow over my head until I heard my mother's voice from downstairs.

"Zoe ! Wake up summer break over with. Time for back to school !"

I didn't know if it was just me but my mother seemed rather happy that I was returning back to school. After all my summer break full of quests.  

If you didn't know a couple of months earlier I went on a quest to return Poseidon's Trident back to Olympus which I succeeded in. A couple of weeks later I had to go on another quest to stop a curse from destroy all of Camp.   

After all that I barely had time for a break. I was just stuck doing quests all day long. Not to mention as soon as I came back from my quest I had to return right back to school in two days. 

Fun.

I groaned more as I noticed my bedroom door was shifted open as I heard footsteps walking towards me.

"Zoe Elizabeth Grace" my mother said as she snatched the pillow from my head as I groaned and put the covers over myself.

"Didn't I say wake up young lady ?"

"Yes" I groaned half awake half asleep.

"You should be excited to return back to school. I mean you had a whole summer off."

"Well expect for your quests and everything" as she turned to see me under the covers groaning as she pulled the covers from off me as I groaned because of the light.

"Now honey, I know your sleepy, but you need to go to school today. You can't miss the first day of your sophomore year"  

Her saying those words made me sit up in the bed. Last year I was a freshmen this year I was finally a sophomore.

I guess that made me a "little bit excited" to get to school.

"I'll get dress" I told her as she smiled at me she stroked my hair {which wasn't it's jet black, it was back to it's normal blonde}

"I already have your breakfast downstairs. Now get dress and I'll dropped you off at school. We need to be there before 11:50" my mother said as she kissed my forehead and walked away closing my door.  

I drew in a long sigh as I lifted up my shirt sleeve only to see the eagle marking on there as I sighed. 

It had been hard to hide this thing from my mom. She would freak out if she found out, and totally ground me for the rest of my demigod life.

I stretched as I yawned as I went into my drawers to get some clothes from there as I grabbed them and began to take a nice hot shower. 

After washing my hair and brushing my teeth I took my hair down as I began to spray it and put it into a style {which would just be a low to the side ponytail}

I looked to the side of me to see my jewelry stand there that was holding my sparkling diamond lighting bolt necklace which was a gift from Zeus. {My father} as I put it on my neck as I looked into the mirror.  

I was wearing a red hoodie, jeans and sneakers.

I walked downstairs only to see my mother sitting at the table eating oatmeal as I sat down next to her as she passed me some oatmeal as well as we ate together

Me and my mom barley ate together due to her always working. I would come home from school just to find no food on the table and I was restored to eating a frozen Banquet TV dinner.

"So how's camp ?" my mother asked as she turned to me and said "You know, You've been gone on all these quests and all I've just wanted to know how you've been."

I nibble on my oatmeal as I turned to her and said "I've been good mom" as she noticed how quiet I was being with her. 

My mom knew that I stayed quiet when it came talking to her about personal stuff. Like being a half-blood in all. I've had to say no matter how much I love my mom we barely talk to one another about stuff really.

My mother frowned as she sighed and said "W-Well Let's get to Yancy. I don't want you to be late."

I pushed my bowl to the side as I got up and grabbed my bag as my mother grabbed her keys as we made our way to the car.

~~~~~

After a few minutes we came towards Yancy. I had to say it hadn't change since last summer. It still had it's regular high school vibes. Well expect for it being a school for troubled youth. 

I sighed and opened the door. 

"Ok Zoe, Your phone, keys in case and-"

"Mom ! I'll be fine." I said with a sassy tone.

I noticed how sad my mother's eyes looked after hearing me say that to her.

"M-Mom I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok sweetie. Have a good at school" as she smiled as she waved goodbye as she drove away. 

I sighed. "Maybe that was to harsh ?"

I couldn't think before the bell ranged as I sighed and made my way inside.

Once I walked inside I made my way towards my locker as I opened it I grabbed my English's Books.

"Hey" someone said as I closed my locker only to see Priscilla.

I haven't spoken to Priscilla in 4 weeks. She was leaning against the wall as she smiled at me. Her jet black hair was down her back and had blonde tips as her sea green eyes shimmer in the school's hallway lights. You could even see her freckles on her nose.  

"Oh my god's Priscilla"  I said giving her a big hug as she hugged me back

"I'm so glad to see you after all these weeks" Priscilla said to me.

"I know" as I stepped closer and said "Have you had any monster attacks ?"

Priscilla sighed as she nodded.

"Yeah, a few times though. Nothing big."

"That's good" I told her.

"How's you weeks be ?"

"Been kinda normal though" 

"I've been acting like a normal teenage now ever since we came back to school"

"I know, it's like no monsters and no quests"

"Of course. I have no problem with that" I said as Priscilla chuckled and said "True dat" as they fist bumped as the second bell ranged.

"What class you have first ?" Priscilla asked me as I showed my English book and said "English with Mr. Smith"

"You ?"

"Latin with Mrs. Woods"

"I bet Nico would love that class" I said as Priscilla nodded and said "I've gotten head to class. I see you later" as  I waved goodbye as she walked away into the crowd.

I sighed as I made my way into Room 101...