Chapter Twenty Six: Noah's POV

I didn't know what I had expected when Tyson had shown up at the store. He had done so many times, showing up at my work with lunch or just to talk. I had figured that a lot would change after Reagan came along, including the surprise visits, but I guess I was wrong.

I was sort of confused about why he would leave Reagan home alone, it seemed irresponsible, but that was Tyson. Tyson had grown up a lot in the past few weeks, but his personality never changed. He acted like a child sometimes, but I didn't mind.

I didn't want him to grow up too fast. I had taken over once my parents died, so the stress was supposed to be on my shoulders. Not Tyson's. I hoped it would stay that way. For a while, at least.

It was almost weird to think of Reagan and Tyson in the same way. Yes, they were both my siblings, and I loved them both, but in different ways.

Reagan was someone I had hoped to meet. Someone I had had to love from afar. And now, it wasn't even like she was my sister. Reagan was more a responsibility. Someone who was supposed to be my sister turned into my child. I had to take care of her, raise her.

Tyson was a boy I had known my whole life. I got to grow up with him, watch him as he got older. I remembered his first Christmas and his when he went into high school. I knew more about him than anyone in the world. Even though I was his guardian, it didn't feel as stressful.

So, Tyson leaving Reagan home alone felt incredibly scary. Anything could happen to her while she was alone. Even though we were still arguing, or rather giving each the silent treatment, I still cared about her safety.

I had went home with Tyson, and I don't even think he noticed how quick I was going. I didn't want Reagan to be alone for too long. Knowing Tyson, he probably hadn't even locked the front door.

Tyson was busy talking about aneurysm's, and I was genuinely interested in the conversation Tyson was one wacky kid like that. He could take the stupidest, or most boring topic in the world, and make you completely absorbed. You just sucked in every word he said.

Tyson led me into the kitchen, where Reagan was sitting at the table. I subtly blew out a sigh of relief, seeing her safe. I had worried when Tyson had said it was an emergency. But, I didn't want to be here. I wasn't ready to be around Reagan after everything that had happened with Griffin.

I didn't know why. I wasn't sure if I was angry at her for bringing up our parents, or if I was guilty because I knew she was right. I didn't want to hate Griffin, but I loved Aunt Dara. I knew I could trust her, and I barely knew Griffin. Why would Dara lie about Griffin? And to me of all people?

But, Reagan was my sister. I knew I had to push away my negative feelings in order to keep our relationship together. I sighed, unsure, after Tyson had told us to sit at the table. I wanted to, I did.

I looked at Tyson, and I knew that was a mistake as soon as I did. His lips were puckered and pouty, his big blue eyes wide and watery. I tried to resist, tried to look away, but he had me in a chokehold.

Tyson knew he had me, and frustration made me sit down anyway. His devious and satisfied smirk had me fighting off a smile, too. This couldn't be too bad.

I sat across from Reagan, and Tyson left to get the games from the basement. He must be really excited about this, because the basement usually terrified him. Reagan looked at me, and a thousand thoughts came to mind.

Should I apologize?

Would she apologize?

Did anyone even really have to apologize?

"Listen, I..." Reagan had started to speak, but she just looked down, not able to finish. It was alright, because I understood. I understood that she hadn't meant for this to happen. That she hadn't understood the situation. That she was sorry.