Chapter Nineteen: Tyson's POV

I really didn't want to talk about what had happened. I had been dumb, and I didn't want to admit it. Especially not to Noah. I didn't want to see his disappointed look when I told him that I had gone after Joey and Sarah.

But, I couldn't escape Noah's stern, serious expression. It trapped any thoughts that I had of not sharing the sick details of my unplanned adventure. I looked down, not wanting to face my siblings as I uncounted my memories of the last two days.

I started with the article. "I found it on the web. It was an article about Reagan from 3 years ago, when she won a photography contest. I saw the location, and I took a chance. I didn't know if you would still be in Dallas, but I had to try." The last part was directed at Reagan.

"I couldn't tell you where I was going because I knew you would want to come. I also knew that it would break your heart if she wasn't there. So I went alone. It was dumb, and I know that, but it felt like I had no choice." My voice started to crack as I looked Noah dead in the eye.

"I took mom and dad's car. I made it all the way to Dallas in one night. I stopped at an old motel and met a woman named Ellen. I called you that night and didn't sleep all night because some guy named Darrel kept pounding on my door. I left the next morning and Ellen gave me 3 names." Noah looked up, surprised. Reagan showed no emotion, and that worried me.

"I checked two houses, but neither held Reagan. So, I went to the third address." Noah looked like he wanted to know what would happen next, but this is where the story went downward. Reagan looked like she already knew what would happen next, except she couldn't possibly.

"There were people yelling inside, but before I could knock, a girl came up." Reagan sat bolt upright, knowing exactly who I was talking about. "Hayley Williams." Reagan smiled, clearly excited at hearing her friend's name. "She took me to Cassie and Aria and they explained to me that you had come to find us already." Reagan glanced at her fingernails. I could tell she felt bad about the situation, but none of it was her fault.

Noah seemed to realize what happened next in my story, because he looked angry as understanding drowned his expression. "I can't believe you..." I didn't let him finish. I didn't want to hear about how bad I messed up. I already knew.

"I found my way back to the third address, overwhelmed by my own anger and frustration. I had come all that way, slept in that scary motel, for nothing. My legs took over and I saw myself knock on that door..." Tears flooded in my eyes, but I held them back. Reagan looked astonished, and I knew she didn't want to hear what would happen next.

Noah threw an arm around my shoulder. He might be upset with me, but he would always be there for me, and I knew that. The gesture comforted me slightly, and I drew the strength to continue.

"We had an argument, and Joey, he..." Noah's fingers on my arm tightened, and I wasn't sure if his rage was aimed at me or Joey. Reagan bit her lip, nervous. I thought she might be worried that I would be mad at her for what Joey had done. "Joey beat me until I passed out on the sidewalk." Noah drew in a sharp breath, and Reagan looked up, begging me to continue.

"Hayley found me a couple hours later. She left after I woke up and then I started driving. This is where things get messy." Noah didn't react, waiting for my next words.

Reagan found the courage to look me in the eye, fury clear in her green eyes. "How could anything possibly be more messy than what you've already done?" Even when Reagan was angry, she still spoke in a whisper. I wondered if that would ever change.

I gasped and shrunk back, not liking her negative emotions pointed at me. Noah just pulled me closer to his side, seeing my obvious struggle to relay all this information.