Knife | 61

Y/N's POV:

"I, I'll listen to you," Ji Woo said quietly.

I felt bad for her.  It's hard to turn yourself in, especially turning yourself into jail.  I still had resentment for her, I still was mad at her for doing what she did, but I understood why she did all these things. 

I wanted to be the bigger person and treat her more kindly than what she had done to me.  

"Let's walk to the police station together." 

I grabbed her arm and we walked down the sidewalk, making our way towards the police station.  The entire walk there was sentimental and heart warming.  We actually had many common interests and hobbies.

I felt like I understood her more during the small talk we made.  

"Thanks for walking with me Y/N," Ji Woo said, smiling.

"It's no biggie, thanks for making the right choice and turning yourself in."

We were currently standing outside of the station, and weirdly enough, Ji Woo wasn't nervous or scared at all.

"Hey, is it fine if I take one last picture before I leave?  I know I won't be able to look at it often, but I just wanted to capture one memory of us."

I thought it was extremely sweet of her and she's obviously going to jail so that's the least I could do.

"Yeah sure."

She rummaged through her purse for her phone, and I prepared my phone to take a final picture as well.  I clicked on the camera app, about to change the perspective to front camera when I saw something shiny poking out of Ji Woo's purse.

"Hey Y/N here's my-" Without finishing her sentence, Ji Woo quickly pulled out the knife and lunged at me, trying to pin me down.  Because I already had suspicions, I was able to dodge her attack the first time around.

"I thought you changed," I said, struggling to point the knife away from me.

"I almost did after all your sweet talk," Ji Woo said smirking.  "But I still want Jungkook, so you need to go."

There was no way I could pry her hands off the knife without her stabbing me so I used all my strength to hold her off.

"Someone help me!" I yelled out.

She narrowed her eyes at me and used her leg to kick me off balance.  Seeing the knife lowering down at me, I moved as quickly as I could to avoid the sharp object, rolling to my right.  Although the knife didn't puncture my heart, it slashed my arm.

I cried out in pain and wanted to pass out at the sight of the red liquid, oozing out of my arm.  

"I hope you rot in prison," I hissed, clutching my bloody arm.  The injury hurt like hell and I wanted to scream, but I couldn't let her get away.  I grabbed her shirt, staining it with blood and tried to keep her from running away.

"Let go," she said glaring at me.

"Never." I could here the sounds of footsteps coming from the station, and apparently Ji Woo could too because she shoved me off and ran away into the trees.

"What happened to you?" an officer asked, scanning the area.  "We heard a scream and ran out as fast as we could."

"I, um, there's no time to explain, the culprit, she ran into the shrubs over there.  C-can you catch her?  She's tall, pretty, long black hair, skinny body?"  It was hard to speak because of the painful waves washing through my body.

"I-I'll take care of myself, I can manage," I muttered, tearing up.

"Ma'am, we can't allow you to leave by yourself without proper medical assistance," the female officer said, looking at my wound.

"No!" I desperately yelled out.  "I mean, no, I'm fine.  Please, please just catch her and put her in prison.  I-I'm not going to die, so please  go after that girl!"

I felt so stupid and gullible for trusting Ji Woo.  It was my fault that she got away.  She tricked me into believing that she changed and that she regretted everything.  I should've just called the police on her.  Why would I believe that she would turn herself in?

"Our police team will go on a search mission for her, but for now, you're our first priority."

The officer didn't even let me answer her because she took out her walkie talkie immediately and started speaking in code.

My breathing was getting a bit heavy and I was panting hard from losing so much blood.  My left hand was covering the open slit, attempting to stop the flow of red dripping down my arm.  

The whole entire time, I was annoyed and frustrated.  Basically the mood I was in before I bumped into Ji Woo.  The police officer wasn't helping the situation at all.  I told her to go after that brat and she didn't.  If she was going to say that my health was top priority, then why isn't she helping me?

I scrunched my eyes closed in pain and bit my bottom lip as a pain coping mechanism.

"Our medical team will treat you for now, but you'll be admitted to the hospital when they arrive."

I only nodded and the lady leaded me into the police station, the place I should've just dragged Ji Woo into.

Suddenly, I thought about Jungkook and how he was doing.

"I'm sorry, so so, sorry," I mumbled crying.  "This, this, is all my fault that you're hurting right now."

"Does it hurt that much?" the police officer asked.

I wanted to punch the lady's face right there and then.  Why would she even ask that stupid question?  Even if I was crying more because of Jungkook, yes this open slash in my arm would hurt.

"Y-yeah, it um, it hurts," I said sniffling, not wanting to cause unnecessary drama.

Their medical team cleaned up the blood and temporarily bandaged up my wound.  I was okay, the knife went deep through my skin but didn't damage any of my bones.  However, I was still required to be go to the hospital to stitch up the cut.

I sat on one of the chairs, waiting for the paramedics to arrive when I looked at the clock.  It was three in the morning.  It was crazy that all of this happened in one day.  All I wanted was to visit Jungkook, hoping that he was alright.

And now look where I am.  I'm in the police station, back from a near death experience that my crush's "murderer" conducted.

Sighing, I muttered, "Just imagine if I hadn't moved to that school.  Maybe none of this would've happened.  Jungkook- he would be safe."

The paramedics arrived shortly after and drove me to the hospital in their ambulance.  Although I was hurting and in immense pain, all I thought about was visiting Jungkook right after the procedure.

To be Continued...

author's note: hey, it's me. thank you for reading this sucky chapter despite all the bs that ive written. i feel like my writing is getting worse, and everything just seems so messy. tbh when i first started this story, i didn't expect it to exceed 60 chapters, but here we are, on our 61st. this story was supposed to end without all these complications that i threw in but i decided that it would be a great idea if there was heartbreak and a death experience for everyone! yay! its a miracle that people are still even viewing the story, and for that, thank you! ily ya'll <3!