Interrogation | 58

Y/N's POV:

The next couple of days were like hell. I cried every single day, blaming myself for his injured state. The members always assured me that it wasn't my fault, but I couldn't help but think that if I just listened to Jungkook, he wouldn't be like this.

The first day of his emergency surgery, I stayed all night and even the next day until Taehyung told me to go home. I came back every single day after that even when the staff wouldn't let me visit him.

Every once in awhile while waiting, I would walk up to his hospital room and look at him through the small window, tearing up at his injured state.

It has already been a week since the car accident, and I've been slaving away talking with the police about the person that hit Jungkook. The man obviously didn't run that far before pedestrians tackled him down and took him the police.

Officers have been trying to get him to talk, but he's been silent throughout all the interrogation sessions. They suspect that there's more to the story than him just not paying attention to the street lights.

My parents still are unaware of the whole situation. I didn't inform them because they'd be too worried and make me stop everything.

Jungkook's parents on the other hand don't look the slightest bit worried and I absolutely despise them for that. Your child is basically on their deathbed and you don't even bat an eye. They've only visited him once ever since the accident and have the medical bills mailed to their house.

"Ma'am, please sit here. Mr. Jung will be here shortly."

The police forced me to answer questions about the incident, and even if they didn't, I'd still voluntarily do it. I would do anything to catch the suspect. I waited in the dimly lit room for around 15 minutes when a tall, cloaked man stepped in and seated himself right across from me.

"Hello," he said, hesitating. "Miss. Hye?"

"Umm, yeah, that's me."

"Okay, so, we suspect that the man was a mere guinea pig for someone else after reviewing the CCTV footage. He appeared to be listening to instructions from someone through his ear piece. Let me ask you this, do you have any enemies?"

My eyes widened for a moment before answering, "I do have this one girl that doesn't like me. Her name's Ji Woo and she was my school bully. I don't know if she's a suspect for this crime though since I graduated from high school around 7 months ago and we haven't crossed paths ever since."

The man nodded and scribbled something on his notepad.

"Did she have a motive to target you? The car seemed to head towards you before your boyfriend saved you."

I frowned. If it was supposed to be me that should've died, then Jungkook shouldn't have saved me and risked his life. I felt a pang of guilt in my heart.

'It was me. It was my destiny. But Jungkook saved me, once again and look where that got him. It should've been me, not him. I'm sorry Jeon.'

"He's not actually my boyfriend, Jungkook's just a good friend. He and Ji Woo were dating while she was bullying me, and when he found out, he broke up with her."

Mr. Jung's eyebrows furrowed and he again, wrote something on his notepad.

"That makes her our number one suspect. Are there any more people that would have a motive to target you?"

The whole entire high school basically disliked me, but I don't think that any of them would actually go this far. Most of the people that despised me only did so because Ji Woo told them to.