Intoxicated Pt 1 | 23

Jungkook's POV:

"So are we going to keep doing this?"

'Is she talking about me not talking to her?'   "Y-Y/N-" 

"Like, are we going to keep bending down or?"  She turned her head to face me.  'Oh that's what she was talking about.'

"U-uh, what other stretch do you want to do?"  

Y/N looked at me surprised for some reason and smiled.  "How about lunges?"

I just nodded at her and proceeded to do lunges.  She didn't say anything and just did the stretches as well.  The whole entire time, we didn't make any friendly conversation unless one of us suggested a stretch.  I used all of my willpower to not stare at her figure and it mentally drained all the energy out of me.

Y/N's POV:

I finally thought that he was turning back to normal when he asked me what stretch we should do, but he just nodded after I suggested something.  He didn't talk to me for the whole entire time that we were stretching and it made me feel unwanted.

I had to hold back my urges of slapping the living light out of him.  He made it so awkward that I wanted to die!   He did look good doing the stretches though.

'Oh gosh, what am I even saying?' 

Mr. Kim finally called off the stretching time and the males and females were back to being divided.  The rest of P.E. was spent playing sports.  From where I was standing, I could see Jungkook laughing and joking around with the rest of Bangtan and it made me feel annoyed.  "So it's a me problem I guess."

Even though it was childish, I stuck out my tongue and secretly glared at him.  After P.E., the day went slower than a slug.  I don't know why this day appeared to slow down more, but it just did.  I was so happy when the bell rang, I basically ran out of my Chemistry class.

'I don't know if we're going to still work on the project today if he's acting so stand offish.'   I had reached the gates of the school already, compensating whether or not I should just go home.  I decided to just wait for him since the project was due next week.  I also wanted to confront him on why he was avoiding me all day.

I waited for around thirty minutes before I got ready to go.  Then, I heard a familiar voice.  "Bye Ji Woo!"  It's him, Jungkook.  I whipped my head around and saw him waving to the demon.

I hid behind the wall and waited for him to walk out.  "H-hey Jungkook."  I just side smiled at him.  Jungkook looked like he saw a ghost.  He looked so startled that he bumped into a stop sign.  

"O-oh, hey.  It's you again."  

Jungkook's POV:

I didn't want Y/N to be waiting for me, so I purposely stayed back around thirty minutes.  I assumed that she'd be gone by the time I got out but that's obviously not the case.

"Heh huh.  Yeah it's me."  She pointed finger guns at me and started walking closer.  "Jungkook, we still need to get the project done."

'Oh shoot, the project.  That darn thing.'  It took me all of my remaining strength to not sigh.  "Oh y-yeah, what about it."  'Don't ask to stay over please.'

"Can I come over to your place to finish it up?"  'Sh*t.'   I wanted to reject her, but there was something stopping me.  'Jungkook, she's just like any other girl.  Say no.'   

"S-sure."  I mentally faced palmed at myself.  Why couldn't I just say no?

Y/N's POV:

He's still awkward with me.  Still.  I couldn't understand it.  I just couldn't.  What could've changed overnight that made him like a shy toddler?

The walk was silent and long.  Since we stayed over at my house yesterday, we had to walk all the way to his house.  I wanted to confront him, I really did.  But I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I don't know if I was just afraid of the truth, or if I was being considerate and not wanting to pressure him into telling me.

After around fifteen minutes, we reached his house.  I could see the keys Jungkook used to open his door.  There was a pink bunny attatched to the top of his key.  It was cute.  'Never thought he'd be into those kinda things.'

I smiled and walked in.  During the walk, I had devised a plan.  I couldn't leave his house not knowing why he avoided me, so I was going to have to gradually break down the wall between us.  Knowing that he wouldn't take the initiative, I made the first move.

"Jungkook, do you just wanna drink and relax today like last time?"  I bit down hard on my tongue.  It was a bad idea, I can admit that.  I don't have a good alcohol tolerance and I'm pretty sure I'll go wacko.  But if I could control the amount of liquor I drink, Jungkook can get drunk.  I heard that if you get drunk, you're honest and have no boundries.

I'll just ask him why he was being like that, and his drunk self would tell me.  Jungkook could also completely forget about it the next day so the plan was all good.

I could see panic flash through his eyes for a moment.  "W-why?"

I knew that he'd say that.  "I'm just in the mood to."  I pretended to shrug and act like it was the most obvious thing to do.

"W-what about the project?"  Jungkook asked, fidgeting with his backpack.

"We can work on it tomorrow and over the weekends.  Also, didn't you like drinking?"  I knew I had the upperhand on the situation after saying that.  He couldn't back out now.  If he did, he would seem suspicious denying his love for drinking.

"Y-yeah, I do," he said nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.  "I'll um, go get the bottles then."  I could see him eager to get away from me when he rushed to the kitchen.  It made me sad to think that he was happy to not be near me, but I kept trying to be hopeful.

'What if he's just having a bad day?  What if he actually has a headache and he went to the restroom to take painkillers.  What if he's just embarrassed about sleeping with someone else since he sleeps alone?'

I was lost in my thoughts when Jungkook brought the bottles over to the living room table.  

"Can you get the shot glasses from the cupboards?"  He finally talked to me!

"S-sure." 

Jungkook's POV:

"S-sure."  As soon as she left, I grabbed my backpack and rushed to the laundry room.  I took this chance to empty out the wet sweatpants and sweaty shirt into the washing machine.  I couldn't let her accidentally see the clothes.

She'd ask me why they were all wet and gross and that would just be embarrassing.  I walked back to the living room and saw her waiting patienly on my couch.

"I want you to drink with me Jeon Jungkook."  Y/N patted a spot on the grey fabric, signalling me to sit down next to her.  

"O-oh, okay."  I had a pretty good tolerance to alcohol, so I wasn't worried about getting drunk.  I was more worried about her  getting drunk.

She opened one of the bottles and poured it into two of the shot glasses.  "Cheers," she said cutely as she brought her glass up to mines.

I dinked her glass gently and drank the liquid.  We did this for a couple times before I stopped her.  She was already drunk and couldn't think straight.  I grabbed her wrist to stop her from pouring another shot glass.

She whined and tried to shake my hand off.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook.  Why were you avoiding me so much today?"

To be Continued...