Girlfriend | 28

Y/N's POV:

"Do you want to play hide and seek with me?"  I looked at Taehyung weirdly.  It was unusual timing, but I shook it off because being with Tae is kind of spontaneous.

"I mean, since they won't be returning for awhile, you want to pass the time by playing games?"  Taehyung was nervous and shy at the same time which I found cute.

"Sure TaeTae, you gonna hide first or me?"  I chuckled while asking.  He was so adorable like a kid, whoever is his girlfriend would be lucky to have such a fun spirited guy.

"I'll hide first!"  Taehyung exclaimed before scurrying away.

"Aish, this kid."  I smiled and covered my face, slowly counting to 60.

"Three.  Two.  ONE.  Ready or not, here I come!"  I was quietly tiptoeing to find him when something stopped me.  Taehyung had left his phone on the kitchen counter and he got a notification.

I looked to see who it was, and it was Jungkook.  Jungkook had messaged Taehyung through Instagram and the notification that laid before made me regret that I even looked.

(taetae): jungkookie97: Ji Woo agreed to be my girlfriend hyung!!!

One part of me felt like my whole world was over, but the other part of me was happy for him.  "Taehyung must've known," I muttered, extremely close to crying.  Before I knew what I was feeling, my emotions were easier to control.  But now, everything was multiplied.

'Taehyung had tried so hard to make me happy and hide the secret, I shouldn't ruin his efforts.'

I should've been more happy for Jungkook than sad for myself, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to be happy.  'Be happy for Taehyung.  This is for TaeTae.'  

I sighed and just left his phone where it was to pretend that I never saw anything.  Smiling, I continued looking for Taehyung as if nothing ever happened.

"TaeTae, where are you?"  I tried to sound as cheerful and jolly as I could.  I made sure to grin and act like I was alright.  You never know about Taehyung, he might seem all clumsy and innocent but he could see right through a person.

So much so that it scared you.  'Where is he?'   Suddenly, I heard a faint sound coming from Jin's bedroom.  Quietly, I opened the door and scanned the room.  There was no sight of him if you looked only on the outside.  I noticed that there was a red t-shirt sticking out from the closet door.

'Ha, found you Tae.'   I quickly opened the closet door and saw Taehyung hiding in a pile of Jin's clothes.  He looked so cute and dorky covered in clothes.

"Yah, you weren't supposed to find me that fast," he said pouting.

"It's not my fault you make it too easy to find you," I said laughing.

"Let's play one more round!"  Taehyung was so excited that I couldn't refuse.

"Sure you little toddler."

Those games continued for a while before I recieved a message from Jimin.

Chim: guys!! he's coming! turn of the lights and get the confetti poppers ready!

Y/N: okay chim! nice work ~

"TaeTae!  He's coming, we need to get everything ready!"

In around five minutes, we were able to get situated.  Everybody was hiding in the darkness as we heard the door knob click.

Jungkook was laughing, and I could see his grinning face from the dim light illuminating his soft features.  "Thanks hyung!  It was really fun."

Everybody was hiding from behind the kitchen counter so we could see Jin start counting down from 3.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNGKOOKIE!"  

Jungkook jumped from the surprise, his face showing pure horror.  It didn't take me long to grab my phone and snap a picture.

"Yah, don't take a picture!"  He whined.  'He looks so cute pouting~'

Ever since I figured about my feelings for Jungkook, I never stopped those thoughts.  I like him.  I like Jungkook.

"You wish, this treasure is never  getting deleted," I said, smirking.  He glared at me before grinning.  Just like my sadness, my happiness also got magnified.

"Thanks guys!  You didn't have to do all this," Jungkook said, looking at the food.

"Yeah, we didn't but we did so you better be thankful," Yoongi said, resting on the coutch.  Everybody laughed and rushed to lead Jungkook towards his gifts.

"Open mines first!"

"No, open mines  first!"

"I'll open everyone's gift, don't worry," Jungkook said chuckling.  Everybody sat down in a circle, Jungkook seated in the middle.  Slowly everybody gave Jungkook their gifts.  I was last.

"Here you go Kookie," I said, smiling.  I was basically glowing from the excitement emitted from me.  I wanted him to like my gift more than anyone's.

He took the gift and shook it slowly.  He kept doing it and it got on my nerves.

"Yah!  Just open it already you baphoon!"  He sent me a playful grin and started tearing the light pink wrapping.  The way his eyes lit up and his bunny smile grew when he saw my gift made my heart swell from happiness.  It made me feel like everything was worth it, a week of eating convenience store ramen and not buying anything was worth it when I saw his joy.

Jungkook rushed over and hugged my small figure.  I'm pretty sure I was blushing like crazy, but it didn't matter.  I loved every moment of it.  'Jungkook has a girlfriend Y/N.'    The thought was enough to dampen my mood, but I couldn't let it dampen his.

"Get off me you koala!"  I struggled against his iron grasp but eventually was able to break off his grip on me.  Even though it sounded like I hated it, I wanted him to keep hugging me.  To hold me in his embrace.  To make me feel special.  But I couldn't.  Because I wasn't his.

"Thank you so much Y/N!  I've been wanting this game for so long!  How'd you get it though, it's pretty dang expensive."  His curious gaze made me feel so shy but I wasn't about to break my character.

"I have my ways," I said confidentally, sending him shrug.

"Okay, whatever your ways are, I'm pretty sure it still drained you bank account.  But thank you.  I'll make sure to let you play some time."  He gave you a smile and continued to eye the present you gave him.

"I'm disappointed in you Kook.  You didn't react that way with my gift," Taehyung jokingly said.

"Your Gucci watch was amazing hyung.  Thank you soo much Lord Tae.  I love it so much!"  Jungkook said, playfully bowing down to Taehyung.

Everybody laughed and we were having a good time.  After all the party games and gift sharing was done, it was time for the feast.

"I spent a lot of time making these dishes so you better eat all of it!" Jin said seriously.

"No problem with that Jin," I said.  "Food is kind of my specialty.  You might not even need to clean the plates after I'm done."

"Yeah, it is kind of her specialty.  Actually, I think her world revolves all around food," Jungkook said chuckling.

I sent him a glare but I was glad that he knew at least that much about me.  Rolling my eyes, I said, "Whatever, let's just start eating."

"Wait!  Before everyone starts eating, I would like to share this with my closest friends," Jungkook said beaming.

"Okay Jungkookie, we're all ears."

"Ji Woo agreed to be my girlfriend.  I have a girlfriend now."

To be Continued...