Birthday | 26

Third Person POV:

There was only one day before Jungkook's birthday.  You were estatic.  You and the the rest of Bangtan were planning a surprise party over at Jungkook's house.  Since his birthday was on a Saturday, one of the members would lead him somewhere else and the rest of you would get the decorations ready.

To make it less obvious that they're distracting him, Jimin would leave to give Jungkook "his" birthday gift first.  You had gotten his gift a week beforehand already and it drained your bank account.

'Why are games so expensive?'  Y/N thought as she wrapped Jungkook's gift.  Throughout wrapping the whole thing, you were smiling.  No, grinning like an idiot.  The feeling inside you seemed to grow every day and you didn't understand why.

"Why are you smiling so much?"  Taehyung was right beside.  The whole group besides Jungkook was gathered in Jin's house to wrap gifts and prepare the decorations.

"W-what?  I'm just excited and happy that's all."  You were taken aback by your inability to respond to his question.

Taehyung's POV:

I know that Y/N likes Jungkook.  It's so obvious.  Her eyes light up whenever she sees him and she's instantly in a better mood.  The way she talks and interacts with him is different from the way she interacts with us.

It hurt me a bit.  I like Y/N.  I've liked her ever since she joined our group.  Everytime I saw her happy because of Jungkook, it squeezed my heart.  But I withheld from showing anything because I knew she would blame herself.  

The problem is, Jungkook likes Ji Woo.  It's been like that for years.  I don't think that it'll change anytime soon.  I just don't want her to get heartbroken.  Jungkook's a good guy.  He'll sleep around with girls but I know that he's ready to commit to a serious relationship once he meets the  one.  And for him, that person is Ji Woo.

I can't force him to like Y/N and that's why I don't hate him.  He's my best friend and I'm torn between the two of them.  It's either Y/N or Jungkook.

Y/N's POV:

"What're you thinking about?"  I had already finished wrapping Jungkook's gift for around five minutes now but Tae was still in a daze.

"W-what?"  He snapped back into reality quickly shaking his head.  

"You looked like you were concentrating hard on something TaeTae."  

"Ahhh, I was thinking about what food I'd bring to the party tomorrow," Taehyung said chuckling.

I grinned.  Taehyung always cheered me up.  I was the closest to him than any of the other members.  Of course, second closest to me.  Jungkook is first. 

'Wait, why does that even matter?  Jungkook is only a friend nothing more.'

"You're so bad at wrapping gifts," I said laughing.  He hadn't finished wrapping Jungkook's gift yet.  In his trance, he started crinkling the paper around the Gucci watch.  That's right, Jungkook's getting a Gucci watch for his birthday.

Sometimes I wonder how rich these boys must be.  

"I'm not that bad!"  Taehyung exclaimed defensively.

"Here let me do it for you, you can go over to Jin to help with the cooking."  I shooed him away and smiled at him.

"Okay fine, wrap it real nicely," he said before cutely running away.

"Aish, this adorable kid," I muttered chuckling.

One Day Later...

ChimChim:  okay guys, jungkook is out of his house. we're going to the arcade and then the ice-cream shop so you have around 2 hours and 30 minutes.

TaeTae:  good job jimminie! that's enough time for us to get everything set up.

                                                                                              ( okay! mission jungkook's birthday is a go now! )

You put down your phone and stepped out from behind the tree you've been hiding behind.  Looking both left and right, you snuck all the way to the front door of Jungkook's house.  Before they had left, Jimin made sure that the front door was still unlocked.  

"The door's unlocked.  Good job Chim," you whispered, turning the door knob.  When you opened up the door, you could see that the house was still empty.  'I'm the first one to arrive,' you thought.  

You and Taehyung were in charge of decorations.  You brought the streamers and balloons while Taehyung was supposed to bring the confetti and large letters used to spell out words.

As you were taking out the streamers, you heard the door click. 

"Hey Y/N!"  It was the rest of Bangtan, excluding Jimin and Jungkook of course.

"Hi guys!  Let's all get to work before the two of them come back!"  Taehyung rushed over to you and started helping you with hanging the streamers up.

"Thanks TaeTae," you said smiling.  A tint of pink grew on his cheeks but you didn't notice.

"No problem Y/N!"  The two of you were working hard decorating the whole place.  Decorating was quite difficult.  You sat on Taehyung's shoulders to hang the streamers up because Jungkook's house was so tall.  The balloons took a while to blow up and the letters were tiring to position.

At last, after two hours, it was done.  "Ahhhh, finally, we're done TaeTae."

"Yeah, we are.  Aish all of this for Jungkook."  Taehyung was wiping the sweat from his forehead while you were getting the both of you a drink.

"I agree, we went a bit all out," you said laughing.

"A bit?"  Jin said from the kitchen.  "We basically through a ball in his house!"

Taehyung and you were laughing and choking on the water.  "How's the food going Jin?"

"It's going perfect.  This whole thing is perfect.  Heck, if he doesn't appreciate this I'm actually going to hurl him out the window," Jin said.

The three of you talked for a bit while the other three (Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok) were planning out the party games.  The whole conversation was normal until Taehyung asked you this.

"Y/N, you like Jungkook, don't you."

To be Continued...