t w e n t y o n e

A/N: alex dmed me on twitter and we had a whole ass conversation and he posted my photo on his ig story im crying ,,,,,,,the way that i will die for this man WOW

—————
(same day)

SCARLET'S POV
the lovey dovey scene

"It looks fucking burnt," I pulled a face as I stared down at the boiling pot of chicken noodle soup.

"I told you not to leave it on the stove for too long, idiota," Alex said to me as he flicked my temple lightly with his fingers.

"Ow," I mumbled as I rubbed the area he flicked, "also, I'm bedridden! I'm not capable of cooking anything at this state, perra egoísta! [selfish bitch]"

"All women do is lie," Alex playfully rolled his eyes, "I'm kidding, habibi. Go lay down and I'll try saving the decent parts for you."

I smiled and leaned into his body to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. I swiftly turned around and walked over to the couch as I plopped myself down. I turned the TV on and connected it to HBO so I could continue watching Euphoria.

Alex then came in looking uneasy as he handed me the bowl of soup. He sat down at an awkward distance from me with his hands folded on his lap. He played with his fingers as I noticed him shaking a bit.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "are you okay, Alex?" I asked him.

He bit his lip as he just nodded, not making any eye contact with me.

I sat up so I could get a better look at him, "Alex if anything happened, you can tell me. You know that, right?" I tried reassuring him as I scooted closer.

Alex let out a sharp exhale as he shut his eyes tightly and then reopened them. He turned his body to face me as I noticed the unreadable look in his eyes, almost as if he was scared of something.

"L-Listen, Scarlet—Fuck—I don't know how to go about saying this....but—shit," Alex stumbled over his words as his eyes darted everywhere except for on me.

I gently grabbed his face with one hand as I traveled my hand to his hair. I rubbed my thumb over the side of his face to try and soothe him, "calm, Alex. Stay calm. It's just me. You can tell me anything."

Alex looked down and let out a sigh, "okay, so. I'm not sure if you're going to hate me afterwards but just hear me out okay. Shit, I had this entire fucking speech planned out while we were in the kitchen making food and I guess that's why the soup burned," Alex brought his eyes up to intently gaze into my eyes, "but I've been wanting to tell you this for awhile—for so fucking long. At the night of the party, I was dared to kiss the hottest girl. And I chose you. Even though we had a fall out after that, you still never realized that I chose you. I don't know how you haven't realized it yet but I am completely head over heels for you, Scarlet. Every time you stare at me with your eyes that look so innocent and so sweet, I just want to bring you in the most loving hug ever. I want to be able to hold you and kiss you and tell you how much you mean to me, because you do. You mean so fucking much to me. I know we confessed everything to each other that one time at your house after your friend left, but we never got to actually talk about us or what we wanted to be. So basically, Scarlet, will you be my girlfriend?" Alex let out as he exhaled and looked down at me with an expecting glance.

I froze for a bit to process everything. I knew Alex had liked me and I knew I had liked him...a lot...but it was still so much to take in.

"Fuck, this was cheesy. I-I'm sorry if I dropped everythi—"

"Yes," I replied without a trace of doubt.

Alex's eyes lit up, "really?!"

I let out the biggest smile I have ever given as Alex also beamed widely at me. He tackled me into a hug as his arms wrapped around my neck. My head was nuzzled in the crook of his neck as I laughed and enjoyed his warmth.

He pulled an arm out as he used it to hold my jaw in his hand. He leaned down and kissed me tenderly as my lips moved in sync with his. Butterflied erupted in my stomach as his gentle touch warmed my heart. We released from the kiss.

Alex sheepishly grinned, "I get to do that whenever I want now."

I giggled as I kissed his nose, "I consent to unexpected kisses."

Alex leaned down to kiss me again as I let him.

"You're so beautiful," he mumbled against my lips.

"I'm so grateful to have you in my life," I whispered as I peered up at him through my lashes, "you never fail to make me so, so, so happy."

"I should be the one telling you that, hermosa. Ever since I met you, my life's been so fucking good. I've found so much more motivation to record new videos, finish assignments for school, or even just getting out of bed in the mornings," Alex said as his thumb caressed my cheek.

I closed my eyes and gently laid down upon his chest as I hummed in content.

We laid on the couch the entire evening, holding each other and even kissing every once in awhile. Alex ran his hands through my hair while I would trace circles on his arm that was firmly wrapped around me.

In this moment, I knew what love truly meant.

—————

A/N: gross