t w o

—————

SCARLET'S POV
the car ride home scene

Amelia and I bobbed our heads to Frank Ocean as I was driving us home in my Jeep. We were going to go to my house to get ready for Florence's party tonight. I obviously had no intentions for going but I felt bad for Mel—she's obsessed with living the high school teenager life but I had always restricted her from doing so because I hated being social and adventurous.

When we made it to my house, I threw my keys on the table and yelled out to my mom to see if she was home. No answer.

"Jane at work?" Mel asked as she dropped herself on the couch.

I shrugged, "probably. Now let's go up to my room and get ready."

"Mel. There's no fucking WAY I'm going to be wearing a dress," I groaned, throwing my head back in annoyance.

"Pleaseeeee! It'll look so cute, Birdie! You have such a nice figure yet you always hide it behind those baggy fucking clothes," Amelia whined, throwing the cream colored dress at me.

I quickly grabbed it and huffed, "fine." I'm such a pushover.

I got changed in my room as Amelia did her makeup in my vanity. We've been friends since we were little so I didn't worry about changing with her in the room.

I looked at myself in the mirror, "it looks too short," I insecurely said as I tried pulling down at the bottom.

Mel turned to look at me as her eyes lit up, "you look FAB-U-LOUS!" She grinned.

I ruffled my hair out as I put on some rings and a choker. When Mel was done with her makeup, I sat down to do mine.

We finished after two hours and it was now 5:30 PM.

"The party starts at 9. And here we are. Looking hot as FUCK four hours too early. Pre-game?" Amelia suggested, wiggling her brows as she gave me a smirk.

I laughed as I nodded, "hell yeah!"

No, our version of pre-gaming wasn't what everyone might think. It was actually what the name says. We were gaming.

I went onto my pc as Mel went onto my gaming laptop. We opened up Minecraft as I logged onto my account I had made in middle school.

"Which server?" Amelia asked.

(A/N: i havent played minecraft in like four years so idk if there's any new popular servers ppl go to wjfjwjdjwjdjan bare with me pls)

"Mineplex?" I shrugged as we hopped on there to play survival games.

The chat in game was being spammed and filled with comments talking about something named Quackity.

"What the fuck's a Quackity?" I asked as my character ran around the lobby.