t h r e e

7 reads 0 votes and 0 comments.......livin the life 😎
—————

SCARLET'S POV
the party scene

Teenagers. Music. Alcohol. So much alcohol. Everything was happening all at once and I was slowly getting overwhelmed, but I had to put on a facade for Amelia. I was going to pretend to have a good time just so she could have a good time.

Mel grabbed my hand as she dragged me to the kitchen, grabbing two solo cups that she filled half way empty with vodka.

"Amelia, I'm the designated driver," I nervously replied, not really wanting to drink alcohol.

She downed her cup as she let out a little exhale, "live a little, Birdie! We can always get a taxi back and you can come back in the morning to get your car!"

Amelia ran off to the dance floor in excitement as I stayed where I was.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. I brought the drink up to my nose as I smelled it a bit. Doesn't seem poisoned.

"Why are you sniffing the cup like a crazy person?" The oh-so familiar voice asked me in a joking tone.

I jumped a bit, "you're always following me around, huh?" I asked as I turned to face him.

Holy shit.

I took a sharp inhale of breath as I admired how good Alex looked tonight. He was still wearing a beanie as his hair just lightly swept across his forehead. He had on a black Nike jacket over a white shirt with some plain jeans. He looked the same as always, but there was just a soft twinkle in his eyes that made me swoon.

(A/N: my heart hurts from writing that part cause alex is literally so pretty i wanna hug him🥺)

"You checking me out?" He smugly replied as he smirked a bit.

I rolled my eyes and stood a little straighter, "you look good, Alex."

His smirk faltered a bit as he was caught off guard by my words, "uh-thanks Scarlet. Y-you look nice too," he said, a light blush spreading across his cheeks as he brought his arm up to scratch the back of his neck.

I sheepishly smiled as I looked down and tucked some hair behind my ears, "I better go," I softly replied, "gotta take care of Mel."

He smiled and leaned on the counter next to me, "still friends with her, huh," he said as his face looked as if he was reminiscing over something.

I bit my lip and nodded, "she's a good person. Probably deserves a better friend than me but it is what is is," I shrugged.

Alex furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms while still lazily leaning on the counter, "why do you say that?"

"I'm no fun, Alex. All she wants to do is to have fun and live her life. She was completely buzzing about this party and wouldn't stop getting excited over it. I've always restricted her from the party scene because I never wanted to go and she felt bad going without me," I frowned, leaning on the counter with Alex as our arms touched.

I was a bit tired. Sad, maybe. But mainly tired. I did something I would have never imagined I'd ever do—I rested my head on Alex's shoulder.

He tensed a bit but then went back to normal as he let out a small cough.

I didn't expect Alex to say anything. Hell, I don't even know how someone could reply to something like that.

I lifted my head from his shoulder as my eyes traveled anywhere besides his intense stare, "Mel's probably looking for me," no she isn't, "I should go," I don't want to. But I did. I left. I left him standing there all alone. I left the warmth of his body. I left an empty space right next to him, a space that any other girl could waltz in and fill. It'd be for the best.

I left the kitchen to find Mel. After a couple of minutes, I spotted her dancing her little heart out with no care in the world. When she saw me, she shrieked and ran up to me.

"MY BABYYYY!! I missed youuuuu!! Dance with me chica," she slurred as she grabbed my hand and pulled me in.

I laughed as I let her take me with. We danced against dozens and dozens of people.

Amelia suddenly leaned on me for support as she giggled and let out some small alcoholic hiccups. She brought her lips close to my ear as she whispered, "I kissed a girl tonight. She said I was pretty."

I smiled and raised a brow, "good on ya, Mel. Are you going to see her again?"

Amelia pulled herself away from my face as she giggled again and twirled her hair in her fingers, "dunno. I think i like her though."

I kissed Mel's forehead, "you deserve it, baby."

"I love you. I don't know what I'd do without your support," Mel said. She started to whimper slightly as her smile dropped to a frown. Tears brimmed her eyes.

I widened my eyes, "Amelia, what's wrong?"

"I just love you so much and I want you to know how much I care for yo—"

Amelia's speech was interrupted by a random guy on the dance floor saying, "TRUTH OR DARE TIME! CIRCLE UP!!"

Amelia stopped her sentence as her eyes lit up and her frown went back into a grin, "OOOO I love truth or dare!!!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the circle.

God this girl is a mess.

The circle consisted of probably 20-ish people while the rest of the party went upstairs to fuck. Everyone in here I had known already considering our high school was small.

I sat down with a giddy Mel as I looked up and saw Alex being pulled in by one of his guy friends from AV Club. He was laughing a bit, saying something about how he didn't want to participate but nonetheless still sat down. I saw him look around at everyone in the circle as if he was trying to spot someone. Then, his eyes landed on me. My breath hitched as I quickly looked back at Mel while she was going off about how she would rather go commando if she had the option to.

The game started.

The truths and the dares were lazy at first—who do you like? Who in here do you wanna hook up with? I dare you to take your top off. Boring shit like that. Until it got to Alex's turn.

"Alex, I dare you to kiss the hottest girl here."

—————