s i x

A/N: woa 100 reads 😳😳 thats epic. anyways. is anyone going to the meetup w ani aksel brandon alex henry etc. on friday?? :o

—————

SCARLET'S POV
the bedroom scene

I had spent the entire weekend in confusion and silence as I took the time to process what had happened. Alex is Quackity. Alex is a famous YouTuber. Alex was falling in love with me?!

I shook my head as I continued to get ready. Today was the day we all came back to school. Everyone got on with their lives when the school days started, completely forgetting the shit we did on the weekends. But I couldn't do that.

I got dressed, put on some makeup, and head out the door. I was anxious to confront Alex, especially because he never responded to my text that I somehow don't even remember sending.

When I got to school, I slowed down my pace as I greeted the people that smiled at me. I clutched my books nervously as I became wary of every movement I made.

I shouldn't be the one to feel embarrassed, right? I have no right to. I was the one that had left Alex standing there in front of all those people. I had rejected him.

I guess it really isn't embarrassment that I was feeling. It's more so guilt. Also regret. I regret not kissing him, especially since I had a crush on him. But it was just the wrong place wrong time.

I got to my lockers and put in the code, shoving unnecessary books in. I closed the locker and noticed the familiar LAFD beanie on a certain someone's messy black hair at their own locker.

God, he looked like a wreck. And I had caused that.

I exhaled as I then subconsciously walked up to him, getting a speech ready in my mind. I now stood right next to him, but he didn't spare me a glance—he just continued stuffing his locker.

I coughed, "hey."

Nothing.

"So...how was your weekend?" I meekly asked, trying to start a conversation.

I noticed him roll his eyes, "I think you know how it went," he harshly said as he slammed his locker shut and walked away.

I flinched at the loud noise. Uh oh.

I quickly walked next to him, side by side, "Alex, you don't get it. The kiss...I—" I started.

"Save it, Anderson. I don't need you rubbing it in my face now that you know my pathetic crush for you," he said, looking straight ahead as we both walked. His jaw clenched as I noticed it from the outside of his cheek.

My heart sank. I quickly walked in front of him, causing him to stop. He had a defiant and angry look on his face, but I could tell it was to mask the hurt.

"I'm not rubbing it in your face, Alex," I quietly said, "I wanted to apologize for what happened on Friday. I'm sorry I left you like that in front of everyone. I'm sorry for ruining your night. I'm sorry for hurting you and putting you through so much pain. It hurts me to see you like this, Alex. I'm sorry I didn't kiss you." But it's obvious I wanted to.

I saw Alex huff in anger as he looked up. He then said through gritted teeth, "then why didn't you kiss me?"

I wanted to answer. I was going to answer. But the question came out of no where, and I didn't know how to reply without making it all seem cheesy or fake. I sucked at expressing my feelings.

I bit my lip.

Alex let out a breathy laugh and rolled his tongue to the side of his mouth, almost as if to say "Whatever, I don't care," as he then just went past me and walked away.

Fuck.

I watched him turn the corner and leave, not even bothering to look back.

How was I gonna make this up to him?

I went on with my day like normal, except I was miserable the entire time. So yeah, like normal.

I had seen Alex once or twice throughout the day, but he never spared me a glance. Even during English class where he sits behind me, he never made any witty comments or pulled my hair or kicked my seat. I missed his constant annoyance.

But, I did have one more thing I had to say to him.

When the last bell rang indicating that school was over, I waited a couple of minutes before going to the secluded area that Alex went to everyday to wait for his mom.

It was behind the school building. There was a shady area with a huge tree and a small lake. Ducks would come every once in awhile.

I saw Alex sitting against the tree with his eyes closed. No one else was here.

I walked up and sat right next to him in close proximity.

He jumped, not expecting anyone to be here.

When he saw me, his face softened as it immediately tensed up again.

"So..." I started, "you're Quackity, huh?"

Alex choked on his own spit as his eyes widened, "w-what do you mean?" He nervously asked.

"So there was a girl with the same name as me and the same voice as me in the Discord call and you didn't think anything of it?" I sarcastically asked, a hint of teasing in my voice. I didn't want to full on tease him just incase he was still mad at me.

His cheeks got red as he shut his eyes and rubbed his face with his hands, "of course it was you. It just had to be you. Out of everyone in the entire world, the girl that was weirdly being silent in the call was you," he said, mainly to himself than to me.

"Hey! I was not being weird," I huffed, nudging him slightly.

He laughed, "yeah you were, creep! You were just BREATHING into the mic while listening to me cry. I wanted to laugh so bad," he said.

I laughed with him as I threw my head back, "shut up!!!! I was trying to listen to your problems."

He then stopped laughing,"shit. Does that mean you heard me talk about how I thought I was falling in l—"

I quickly interrupted him, "we don't have to talk about it if you aren't comfortable, Alex. I just want for us to be friends again. I miss joking around with you," I sadly said as I looked into his eyes.

He softly smiled and nodded, "thanks, Scarlet. Also, I accept your apology from early. Sorry I didn't accept it there and then. I was being a little dick."

I furrowed my eyebrows and quickly shook my head, "you had every right to! I was the one that was acting like a bitch in the first place."

He smiled and shrugged, "truce?" He asked, putting his hand out.

I nodded, "truce," I said as I grabbed his frail hands with mine.

We shook hands, and I guess we both enjoyed that too much as we stayed holding hands for awhile.

I brought my other hand up to his as both of my hands played with his boney fingers. I traced along his veins as I felt him visibly shudder from the touch.

We stayed like that for at least half an hour, talking about nonsense and joking like how we used to joke, until Alex's mom came.

"Au revoir, Alex," I smiled as he got up.

He leaned down and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, "goodbye, princesa," then he left.

Holy shit. That was so hot.

—————

A/N: feedback is appreciated. :D