***** 

Dheeraj sat at his desk in the bureau, inattentive to his work when junior officer Arjun came into his cabin. He took his seat beside Dheeraj and rested his palm on his shoulder. "Dheeraj, are you alright? I've been seeing you inattentive for the past few days. You seem to be very ill."

"I'm.. I'm in some sort of problem and unable to take a major decision in my life." Dheeraj expressed his grievance.

Arjun furrowed his eyebrows. "Can't you share it with me, with your best friend? When I joined the bureau, I was new in the city and had nobody to talk to. You were my first friend here and since then, we developed into best of friends. We worked together in so many cases and I've always seen you very humble and caring. But now I don't find my best friend to be the same jolly man again."

Dheeraj grabbed Arjun by the shoulders and hugged him gently. "Give me some time bro, I'll tell you later."

Arjun flung his chair away as he stood on the floor. "No Dheeraj, don't be so introvert and timid always. Keeping things inside your heart and mind won't do wonders for you. You need to share your problems with your closest ones to get them solved."

Dheeraj frowned and threw away the pile of files present on his desk. "I've no problems dammit. Just leave me alone, please!"

"What's wrong, man? You have never shoved your anger, at least on me!" Arjun was surprised.

"What do you want to know, Arjun? That my mother gave me her swear today pleading me to get married to someone of her and dad's choice! And guess what? I had no option but agree to her because I can't give her an another shock by refusing her. I don't want to risk her life."

"Does that mean you love some other girl and you can't accept the girl chosen by your parents?" Arjun asked, observing Dheeraj's emotional eyes.

Before Dheeraj could answer him, a strong figure barged into Dheeraj's cabin yelling loudly, "What are you both up to, creating noises here and disturbing the other bureau members? And bro, dad took a leave for a day and here you are flinging the important papers around. I didn't know my brother was so irresponsible!"

"I'm sorry Vihaan Sir, I was just trying to console Dheeraj for something," Arjun apologized.

"Yeah yeah, I totally get that but this is your office. You are requested to keep your personal problems outside of it," Vihaan shouted again.

"Vihaan! Keep Arjun out of your arrogance, he was here to help me. And Arjun, I'll talk to you later," Dheeraj retorted in a loud voice.

After Arjun left the cabin, Vihaan turned towards Dheeraj. "Brother, you don't seem to be in a proper condition and dad is also not here. It's better that you go home for today and take some rest instead of scattering papers and creating a nuisance for us."

"I'm not going anywhere!" Dheeraj refused in a roaring voice.

"Mr. Dheeraj Singh Bundela, it's an order from a senior rank officer that you are leaving the bureau right now. I don't need disturbances here. I need cops who have a peace of mind and urge to work with full concentration. You are on the negative side today so just leave!" Vihaan ordered in his dramatic harsh voice.

"Vihaan!" Dheeraj laughed at his brother's words. "You won't end your arrogance any day. Fine, I'm going home but if you need help here, send me a call."

"I don't need help. I can manage things here. Please go now," Vihaan muttered and left for his own cabin. 

*****