Epilogue

It was a beautiful sunny afternoon in Umuahia as Obi drove home. She had enrolled in a university to continue her education  because she felt she had been wasting away.

Her brother Tobe had moved to Lagos soon after his service and rarely visited to Obi's disappointment. It had been three years since the birth of the quad, three years since she got married to Obiefune.

Chioma had moved to Anambra with her husband the reason being that most of his business were handled there. They often spoke over the phone  when Obi wanted to share her problems or just talk about their husbands. Chioma had a daughter, Judith whom Obi adored so much. Mrs Obiọma and her husband resided permanently in Umuahia and Obi could tell it was because of their grandchildren.

She often shipped them to their house on weekends, most especially when she wanted to spend time alone with her husband.

Obiefune had been quite reticent in accepting the management of Benjamin's business but after several persuasive speeches from Mr Igwe, he took the mantle. That didn't keep him from writing when he had the time and forcing his wife to listen to every line.

Ifenna and Oluebube were at their final semesters and visited mostly when they had to restock their provisions and money. Obi was the one in charge of their inheritance and agreed to release it when they became of age. The two girls worked hard academically but often made demands that caused their elder sister to grouse. To them, as long as they brought good grades home, they were entitled to live as comfortable as they should.

Dee Ogbo Got married a year after and the family had to give a special Thanksgiving because of his marriage. Uncle Jonathan visited Obi once in a while and didn't fail to shower his grand nieces and nephews with gifts.

Mma had been the only one who was not to thrilled about living. She would complain bitterly each time Obi and Obiefune visited about craving to rest. She had grown so old and very wrinkly that sometimes it was difficult for her to speak but the couple wanted her alive all the same.
On several occasions had they caught the woman making prayers to God to take her soul.

Raising six children was not an easy task for Obi, she refused to hire a baby sitter because lots of stories that were told often scared her.

Thankfully Obiefune was always around to help her with preparations. Chukwuebuka and Chukwuemeka were old enough to take care of themselves and Obi rarely had to supervise them as much as she did the younger ones. Obi often found herself being so happy that Obiefune could not impregnate her. It meant she could enjoy her husband without the risk of producing more house wreckers in the name of babies.

Obiefune adored the children so much, he got them toys and played with them. He often wrote them stories which he read to them before they slept. Obi often reprimanded herself for comparing her two marriages but she was grateful that she ended up with Obiefune.

They had very few issues as a couple and would always make up before the next day, partly because Obiefune was sensitive and hated being in bad terms with anyone, especially his wife. Cases of his fidelity always came up because of how catchy young women saw him. Obi tried her best not to be insecure but constantly being around women who were very much interested in him irked her to her toes.

Obiefune insisted that she trust him but Obi often feared that his early years might resurface and he wouldn't be faithful as he promised. Obiefune stopped hiring female personal assistants because of an incident that had occurred in his office. His wife had walked in on a seduction attempt where he was being kissed. Obiefune was terrified because he felt she wouldn't believe him. Obi rarely visited the office but had decided to come over because she wanted to share the news of her admission to her husband before getting her children from school, when she saw a strange woman kissing him.