Chapter fifty three: When Two worlds Clash

Warning!

Violence and mature content below

Remember the 18 rule

Obi couldn't explain what she was feeling at that point. She was angry, disappointed, happy, sad, tensed, curious and afraid. Her emotions were so overwhelming that she struggled to keep her eyes steady while she stared at him. "Obi.. Obiefune Ummm kedụ?  How are you? "

Obiefune flashed Obi a smile that practically took her breath away. How could she be that excited to see him after all those years that he abandoned her? . Obi found herself mentally scolding herself for just a small gesture that probably meant nothing to Obiefune.

"Cry baby! I see you've passed it on to your son, see the way this young man is crying" Obiefune replied stooping to Chukwuebuka's height. "let me tell you , your mom used to cry a lot when she was younger , it was very embarrassing. You have to be a man,don't let people see your tears"

Chukwuebuka nodded and wiped his tears with his hand. Obi was surprised that Obiefune knew who her son was to her. Maybe his sister had told him about her children.

Obiefune stood up to face Obi again"Adim mma! How are you? You have a beautiful boy. "

Obi was stunned by how composed he seemed to be, was he not as shocked as she was? She scanned his persona In matter of minutes. Obiefune was even more breathtakingly handsome than he used to be. He kept his beard moderately grown, his lips were still as small as she had always remembered, his eyes as brown as ever and his hair made Obi's hand itch to touch his hair. Where had all her anger gone to?

"Thank you"

Obi finally replied with her eyes still on his body. Obi noticed a scar that ran along his neck and her curiosity was aroused. Her eyes fell to his hands and she sought to find out if he was married like she was. She didn't know why she felt relieved to find out that he didn't wear any ring, hers was boldly displayed for all to see.
Obi realized that she was doing the wrong thing by making assumptions which a married woman shouldn't be making.

"Ha dị mma trust me, they're very good, I consume a lot of these and Chioma complains a lot, she drove me out of the house this morning to buy these"

Obi's brow arched up suspiciously, Did Chioma lie to her about his whereabouts?

"I know what you're thinking, she didn't know I was coming back yesterday. It was merely a coincidence that I bumped into you today. Biko buy it for.... Young man what's your name?"

"Chukwuebuka" Obi replied with a smile.

The boy looked at his mother with a pleading face and Obi looked up to see Obiefune giving her the same pleading look. Obi was cajoled into buying so many boxes of the cereal. She watched with amusement as Obiefune packed a lot of boxes of cereals of different compositions. "Are you opening a mini mall? What's with all these ?" Obi enquired amidst laughter

"If I don't buy this many, I'll have to come back again, Chioma and I are addicted to these"

"And you made me buy some for my son!" Obi remarked

"I'm joking o,"

Obi was just about to respond wearing a smile because of how alarmed Obiefune was before her husband stepped in.
The feeling of cackling electricity could not measure the intensity of the glares exchanged by the two men that stood in front Obi.

The staring contest lasted minutes before Obi broke the silence. Her son had fallen asleep in the trolley Benjamin held. "How long has he been sleeping?"