Chapter sixty nine:I won't blink

The room was repainted blue at Obi's command, practically everything she wanted was given to her on a platter of gold, there were no debates. Whatever Obi wanted she got, the only problem was asking. Obi was amazed by the size of their bedroom, the bed she was supposed to share with Benjamin. She couldn't forget her brother's statement when they arrived "Simply breathtaking"

How they had gone from poor to wealthy was still a mystery. Benjamin was nice to her as he guided her around his house. Her siblings got rooms to themselves and at first she was hesitant to let them sleep alone.

Thankfully she had not made a mess of their honey moon, if it was even considered that. Obi had begun to cry even before they arrived at the hotel where they'd spend the night.

Little things triggered her emotions and the remembrance of her mother's demise always put her off. There was no strain on Benjamin's face as he cuddled and comforted her. She felt safe on his arms and when he finally kissed her, it did not feel like a war or tussle and she wasn't repulsed. Benjamin had become a friend, she had no friends aside from the Ukaegbus and she easily welcomed him into the role.

"There's no rush you can have another room if you want" Benjamin stated grabbing Obi's hand.

She ran her other hand on their bed and tested it with her buttocks. "It's fine, we are married, we'll share this one. Besides it has the biggest bed"
Benjamin beamed her a smile before rushing out to bring her luggage. No matter how tough Obi looked, he never forgot that she was fragile. He wanted her to be happy and feel safe around him.

They were slowly making progress as a couple. He smiled after recalling the first time he accidentally walked in on Obi naked. She had practically screamed like a banshee and even he who made the mistake was terrified to his boots. Surprisingly when he went back to rectify things after leaving embarrassed, she still wasn't dressed.

"I'm sorry for scaring you" she had stated "We're married, it's not wrong for you to see me like this".
Benjamin barely knew the girl in front of him, but he was slowly becoming entangled in the mesh of love that she had woven for him with her dynamic attitude.

Not only did Obi play the role of a mother to her younger ones she had slowly begun to fill in the shoe of his late mother's. She'd wake him up and everything down to his shoes would be ready for work. He couldn't lie with her at night except he had his bath and her amusing table manners were enforced effectively. It was funny how he could combine dishes and eat snacks but with Obi things changed. She had arranged a coup and executed her plan ironically with his own consent.

Going home from work for Benjamin became something to look forward to. His home was peaceful even though many claimed it was because they were newly wed. They were all wrong, he was at peace. The only problem that reared it's ugly head in his conscience was her pregnancy.
The tests were in his briefcase and he didn't know how to tell Obi the news. He convinced himself to do so before their church wedding, but days slipped away at his watch, then weeks, yet he could not reveal the secret.

His father had sent a huge package for Obi and he had been on his way to retrieve it before Obi called him. He had been so terrified when he found out that she had been crying again. He looked around for his suitcase and when he saw it he exhaled. He had been afraid that she had found out the truth. What if she had? He had successfully monitored her for weeks to know that she had tampons on regularly. So the suspicion about being pregnant was out of question.
Benjamin walked in on Tobe hugging his elder sister and tapping her back. Had something happened to Obi's father? Was the first question that ran across his mind. She begged Tobe to exit the room which he reluctantly did.

Tobe was often a fiend when it came to offering his childish protection to his sister. He had thrown glares at Benjamin as he left the room and Benjamin was sure that the little boy was lurking somewhere close.
"I did not tell him why I am crying, he thinks you did something" Obi stated sniffing