Conflict

I open my eyes as they are greeted by the sun and I groan at how emotionally tired I am. I was sleeping and yet when I'm next to Damon I want to stay sleeping forever. But I can't, I need to get up and get ready for finals, yes I know that I said I wouldn't go back to school but I have to. I still want to get my doctorate and the only way to do that is to make up the work I've missed to begin my program.

I stand slowly and cautiously and make my way out of the room without looking over at Damon, I can't think about him right now or look at him..it's all too confusing. We really have this looming hate hanging over us but it's like our passion keeps it under the covers.
I make my way into an empty room I noticed earlier that had a desk and a file cabinet, it's overly big but it's perfect for studying. So I grab my backpack and start to unpack my books and my computer. This is when I notice that I'm wearing Damon's shirt..did he change me? Just thinking about it makes me blush and feel hot all over.

I shake him out of my head, I have to stop letting him consume me and pay attention to school and to fulfilling my evil revenge plan..it's something I have to do and if I let Damon guide me I'll end up nowhere with nothing while he has everything. I feel cruel and selfish for knowing and wanting to do this, but I can't help it..i want revenge for everything they put me through, for what my father put me through when I was a kid! Who does that?! Who raises their daughter like a military soldier instead of as a girl with an imagination and dreams.

He killed my aspiration and what's worse is that he was okay with killing me! How do I bounce back from that? I can't let him continue to hold the power that he does and I definitely can't let someone like Romano run around like he owns all of Miami. This underworld kingdom they think they have set up has to come down and it's time for the corruption to end.

With all this in mind I start to organize my office as half a lair and half a library. I need both if I'm going to have to do double the work. I sit down on my wheely chair and open up my MacBook. Okay first things first, taxes.. if I can catch them both federally evading their taxes then I can al Capone this shit. Was that al Capone? I shrug to myself and try to make my way into the system but I can't cause I just realized I don't know how to hack.. wow I really thought felicity smoak just clicked at keys and it let her into the governments system...

So much for trusting tv shows for real information. But then a light bulb hits me...that usb I gave Damon like a few months ago! It had all of the extra information my father uses for his corruption and to evade police! Maybe it has something on it that connects him to government official information!

I holt up with excitement at the revelation that I've had but when i turn to go look for it Damon is standing right in front of me.
"Good morning" he says sounding groggy and looking like a mess. I look him up and down and he's of course gorgeous with his bed hair wild and without his shirt, which I'm wearing. He smirks when my eyes come up to his blue ones and does me a once over too.

"What?" I ask scowling at his look.
"What? What? I've just woken up and I've already offended you wife?" I blush my whole body heating up. Wife? Why did he have to put that into context.
I roll my eyes and growl at him to scare him away but he doesn't budge. Instead he just raises a brow and looks at the things behind me.

"What you up to?" He asks and I shrug shutting my computer.
"Studying, it's really not important" I wanna play it as nothing because I'd prefer it to stay as my secret so he can't deter me away from it or manage a way to mess up my plans.
"Studying! That is important I thought you weren't going back to school" he says looking genuinely surprised as a big smile comes onto his lips.
"Oh stop your making me cringe, why are you being so nice to me anyway?" I ask hitting his chest playfully.

"Would you rather I be cruel?" He suggests taking my hand and pulling me into him. I fight against his embrace, here he is doing it again literally consuming me! He holds me tight though and places a hand on the back of my neck forcing me to look at him face to face.