The Plan has Changed

I breathe in the air of the city and scowl. My headache has grown worst since this morning and having my father nagging in my ear about appointments hasn't helped at all. At least it would be Damon free, I haven't spoken to him since the incident that happened two days ago and I intend not to speak to him..keeping my distance is my new plan and I'm determined that I can cake taste, pick out decor and follow along with all of these "wedding plans" without saying a single word to the man. 

I turn the corner to the cake shop where my first appointment of the day is set up and how convenient that when I make my way up to the door there is already someone speaking with the baker. I scowl, now let me guess...tall, rolled up dress shirt, and dark hair.

Of course. Speak of the devil and he shall come. I turn away quickly and am about to walk away when my arm his grabbed by a warm hand. I turn around but those blue eyes aren't the ones to greet me.
"I swear I never thought I'd see you again! Kate!" I search this mans face in confusion, he's very handsome with his shaggy brown hair, olive skin and high cheek bones..and he's familiar....oh my goodness!

"Wess!" I squeal as he grabs me in a hug and twirls me around. Wess? As in best friend during high school Wess! He, Diane and I were inseparable in high school until he moved away to be a lawyer and let me tell you he didn't look like this when I saw him last.

"You look amazing!" He says his smile making my cheeks light up.
"And you too! I knew Miami would do you some good!" I say grinning from ear to ear.
"Says you! You've grown up" and his compliment, although subtle is anything but.
"Oh stop it's only been like three years!" I say giggling and he smiles.
"I have so much to tell you! Where's Diane?!" He asks looking around.

"Oh she's not with me"
"Ha! I assumed that she would be if you were going into a bakery!" He says chuckling and I take in his new physique in his tight shirt.
"Nope, i was gonna go in but now that your here id much rather catch up" i reply and I want to rush us away from the bakery.
"Catch up with?" My heart drops at the sound of his voice and I scowl.

"Oh and you are?" Wess asks as Damon closes the bakery door behind himself and walks up in all his glory. But I ignore his piercing blue eyes as he sides himself behind me.
"Damon" He says putting out his hand and Wess takes it.
"Wess" He says and I try to put on a fake smile so that he doesn't see how anxious I am around Damon.

"I'm Kate's best friend from high school" and with this I feel Damon tense a bit. Uh oh..
"Are you? Interesting, well I'm Kate's fiancé" I feel a shudder go down my spine at the way Kate comes out of his mouth and turn to him when I hear fiancé. His blue eyes capture mine and I scowl.

"Fiancé! What?! Have I missed so much?! Is that what the bakery is for?! Oh Kate congratulations!" He says but his excitement seems a bit strained.
"Yeah but Damon over here knows I wanted to pick the cake out alone as a surprise but he just happened to pop up! He does that a lot" I say trying to nudge across my message.

"Yes well my love you know how much I hate surprises" he says smirking down at me and I blush with anger!
"Well I'm not going to stand in your way, I will definitely be calling you because it's been too long and it was a pleasure Damon" Wess says being super polite and turning to leave. I smile at him as he goes and I wish he didn't have too.

But he, Diane and I are definitely going to dinner tonight alone for a good catch up!
"He seems nice" I hear Damon say through this teeth and I sigh making my way for the door. But he grabs my hand and electricity courses through my blood as he pulls me towards him.

"Damon, just go..I've had enough of your games and I'm tired" I say trying to take my hand back but his grip is tight.
"What games? I haven't even said a word yet" he says and i scowl literally breaking my arm trying to get away.
"I just want to be alone today"

"You were alone yesterday"

"Damon!

"Catalina" his eyes catch mine as my name rolls of his tongue and I stop squirming.
"What is it that makes you cold towards me now?" He asks looking me over.
"Nothing, absolutely nothing now let me go!" I retort getting frustrated as he holds on tight to my arm.

"Damon! Let me go!" I yell but he just brings me closer to him.
"No" he says smirking and I scowl.
"Fine you want to know what's bothering me! It's you! Okay everything about you, you irritate me! And I want you to let me go! So let me go! Okay?!" I know that people's heads have turned to look at the crazy yelling lady on the block but I just can't handle him right now.

"I live to make you crazy" Is his reply.
"I know! But I don't want you to do this anymore! I don't want you to be everywhere! I don't want you to do that smirk of yours! I don't want your flirty remarks and sensual comments and I definitely don't want your murderous actions! Now let me go and work on the plan that I'm risking my life for! And then leave me be!" I'm heaving when I'm done yelling and his smirk has dropped into an angry frown.

His blue eyes turn dark and I feel my nerves jumping up and down. I'm startled when he grabs me close up against him our faces inches apart and his eyes falling down to my lips.

"Is that what you want?" He asks his minty breath fanning my lips and I gulp nervously.
"Yes" I can't breathe with the way he's looking at me and I definitely can't breathe with his body pressed against mine.

"Fine" is all he says as he releases me.
I clear my throat as the color from my cheeks burns my skin.
"Just like that?" I say puzzled by his will to give up.
"You want nothing to do with me, and I will give you that wish..but Catalina.." he trails off stepping closer and closer until his lips are at my ear.

"I will only leave until you beg me to come back" my breath hitches in my throat and I feel like I might choke on my own saliva as he moves back and meets my eyes.
We stay like this for a while and I don't know what to do or if I should move but he takes a strand of my hair and places it behind my ear placing a small kiss on the corner of my mouth and walking away. I can't breathe as the place where he kissed me burns and tingles!

What was that?! I feel like mush and after all that I didn't even get a word in!
Every reason I was mad at him just went out the window..
What am I doing?! Everything is falling apart and I feel like I'm lost without him! Ughh What is this drowning feeling?!

The plan has changed! It can't be like it was before and I can't keep living in this constant frustration and confusion!

I have to tell him enough is enough, I have to handle this like a woman!

But until I can manage to figure out what to say or do I am going to taste some cake and drink some wine...because today is gonna be long..whether I like it or not!