A Touch of Simpathy

I open up the red first aid kit in the small dark closet in the back. Alex insisted we do this here because of customers and because his carpet is apparently from the 18th century.

"For a future doctor your very slow" he says groaning while clutching his shoulder.
"Well there's not much light in here either so be grateful!" I exclaim putting on gloves and rolling up my sleeve. I literally have never done this before and I feel beads of sweat at my forehead. The only light provided is above us and I use it the best I can.

"Okay ready? Take your shirt off!" I say grabbing everything so that I have it ready.
"As you wish!" He replies happily smirking up at me. He struggles at first but quickly disposes of the shirt. I try not to look down but my eyes can't help it and I do a quick sweep of his perfectly sculpted chest and abdomen.
And I snap myself out of it refocusing on his shoulder.

"Okay love if your not gonna start stripping than you need to start working" I blush heavily at his words.
"Not my fault we're in this mess!" I say starting to clean the wound.
"Fair point" is his response.

"What did happen? That he would take time to shoot you, personally?!" I ask raising a brow.
"I won't tell you because you will judge me" He says smirking. I scowl and place the sodium chloride on his skin and this causes him to scowl too.

"Spill unless you'd like for this to become a colonoscopy" I say smirking back and his smirk falls.
"You are a handful"
"I try" I respond raising my brows awaiting his story. I was curious and I want to know what he did that was so bad he got shot in person! Because in our world people don't do that, you get shot by someone who works for someone who works for the boss.

"Fine, I slept with his sister" he says scowling like he has something sour in his mouth.
"Of course you did" I say rolling my eyes.
"See judgement you have that look in your eye" he says and I frown. What look?
"What are you talking about?!" I say self conscious of my eyes now.
"Nothing Mia Bella" is his response and I scowl at his sentimental nickname.

"There" I say finishing to stitch up his wound and placing a bandage on it. I tap it a little hard on purpose and he growls,

"What was that for?!" He asks scowling.
"His sister" I say chuckling and he smirks up at me moving for his shirt. But as he grabs it I notice a large bruise on his jaw forming from the guys punch.

"Ow!" I say subconsciously grabbing his face in my hands.
"Oh trust me I've felt worse" he says swatting my hands away.

"I don't doubt that but still looks bad" I say shrugging. He stands up towering over me once again and looks down at me as he pulls on his dress shirt. The closet is so small that I try and move back but we are still squished. I try and keep my eyes on his blue ones but his body is so close and I'm losing oxygen at how close we are.
"Okay let me just" I try and reach for the handle of the closet.
"Hold on one second" he says buttoning up his shirt as I blush.

"Are you hot? It's hot in here! I need air!" I say throwing open the door once I'm able to grab the knob and I nearly fall over.
"Did you get that air you needed?" He asks walking out and staring at me up and down. His stare wasn't helping as I catch sight of his stellar smirk.

"Yes, yes I did" I say my cheeks hot and the air around me becoming stuffy.
"Oh good you two are done! Here is the ring love!" Alex hands me the box and I thank him.

"I'm glad you got the ring you wanted but a shower I believe is in order" Damon says his eyes finding mine as he smirks.
"Oh! Sorry! Once again not my fault you just had to sleep with his sister!" I say, suddenly the image making me sick to my stomach.

"Are you going to tell the world now?" He asks walking behind me over to the motorcycle.

"Maybe, depends the mood I'm in" i say hopping on and about to put the box in my pocket when he takes it from me.
"Oh no, this is mine. You'll get it Friday" His wink is dashing and I have to stop myself from smiling.
"Alright fine keep the stupid thing just take me home" I say as he gets on the motorcycle and hands me the helmet.

"as you wish" he says and I wrap my arms slowly around his waste feeling his muscles strain under my touch.

I remove the image of him shirtless from my mind and enjoy the ride home...i just really need a nap!