Not What Was Planned

I open my eyes slowly as the sweat is all around me and my back is sticky and wet. I feel groggy and sick but not as bad as yesterday. I turn to my side secretly hoping that Damon would still be there but knowing he isn't and I let the small feeling of disappointment take me over.

I reach for my phone when something catches the light and I lift my hand up into view. On my finger is my engagement ring which he must have put on me before leaving. Its big and I feel giddy just by wearing it. I stare at it for a while, what does this mean? I mean we have a deal and a plan...And we both want really different things.

But I can't deny our chemistry and I'm not sure what to call it or what to say but I wanna see him and I lift myself out of bed a dizzy spell hitting me. I clutch my head and hold onto my bed before shaking it off. I guess I'm not completely better! I pick up my phone and see 3 missed calls from "Satan"  I roll my eyes at his contact name and call the doctor making an appointment for later in the day.

After I'm done doing that and changing I call Damon my hands getting a bit jittery as I hold the phone to my ear.

"Catalina, this is a surprise, you calling me?!" He exclaims over the phone. I roll my eyes and then remember he can't see.
"Hey why did you call me three times" I say putting my sneakers on as my head hurts a bit in the front.

"I need you to do something for me love" he says and I can imagine his smirk but something about the way he's speaking seems strained.
"Okay? What is it?" I ask
"I need you to go to my house and tell my butler that I need 20 million.. I want you to give it to an Uber driver to drop off at the address I'll text you. But under no circumstance are you to go" He says a growl escaping his chest as I hear a loud bang.

"Damon!"
"Catalina the money, but not you!" He says adding the last part as if speaking to someone else and I suddenly feel nervous and like there's something not right. Why did he need so much money?! Was he being held for ransom?? Not the first time, he is about to own a kingdom in the underworld when his father steps down, which he said would be soon..

I get up and pace for a while, I could do one of two things..one ignore his demand to not go and go, or I could ask my father for his help! But the latter suddenly makes me shake my head no!

No, we cant do that! I suddenly act irrational and the fact that I know I shouldn't be doing this is what makes it worse, I grab a gun from our ever so plenty stock and put in the back of my jeans. And take my phone as I make my way out of the door. I pace once again outside between the giant gate to my house and the house and then my phone dings with the sound of a text message and of course it's him with the address.

I can't just leave him there and I can't just let him be terrorized into giving up money! I pace again my head spinning and uncertainty haunting me. I have to help him! It would be the right thing to do! Right??

I take the most random car from the garage and step into it my skin hot and I'm suddenly unsure again of what I should do! But I put the address into my gps and good it's beside a McDonald! I drive slowly and like there's no rush...I can't let the people there also think anything of me.

I stare at the phone and then back at the road as I follow my gps and my heart is beating so fast I'm afraid I might implode before I can get there!
I try and relax but when I park into the McDonald parking lot I see the empty building closed down for construction that marks my destination.

Black cars line the street it's on and I see people in suits surrounding the building. Why are there guards? This was definitely pre-meditated!
I'm going to have to play this smart!
My hands are shaking and the ring on my finger seems to way on me as I step out of the car taking my phone with me. I do the smart thing and put it on vibrate putting it in the pocket of the Pair of shorts I put on under my pants, I have tried to avoid situations like these but being raised in it I was taught how to be prepared.

I re-button my jeans and make my way across the street to the back of the abandoned area. I move fast tiptoeing my way towards the back and trying my best to be unseen. This starts off going very well as I run alongside the back of the building looking for an entrance point, or someway to look into the building. It almost seems like it's going too well and I constantly check over my shoulder as I make my way to this door in the back!

It's unlocked! I smile at my good fortune and make my way in of course like an idiot! Because once I walk in I'm grabbed! My arms are grabbed and I'm dragged over into the dark inside of the warehouse until we reach a lit room. My eyes go wide at the light and even wider at the sight before me...

There's a pool of blood on the floor right under where Damon is strapped up to the ceiling. His muscles bulge from being strung up so high and the cuts on his chest make me cringe.

"We have a present for you Azzaro! Apparently money isn't all that came in today!" I scowl squirming in the hands of the man holding me and look to the once speaking.

He's a dark haired man whose short and plump and his goatee is probably the scariest thing I've ever seen.
"Let me go!" I yell when I feel my body being dragged closer to Damon and this creep. He scowls when he looks up at me I look down, I know I should have been smarter! I know I should have done what he asked but curiosity kills the cat.

"So this is she.. your wife to be! She's prettier than I imagined Damon! Tell me how someone like you landed someone like her!" His captor exclaims turning to me. He gives me a dirty smile and I scowl.

"What's your name love?" He asks coming closer to me.
"I swear Mattev! Touch her and i will break every finger on your body" Damon threatens his voice raspy and full of anger.

"Oh Azzaro don't worry, I just simply tried to find out her name, I won't touch her..yet!" I turn red from anger and use the only thing I know to protect me.

"Good thing too because if you didn't know I was Catalina catizone you would have never let me go!" I yell grabbing both their attentions.
"Catizone you say? Is this true?!" He asks Damon a bad and nasty smile spreading on his face, uh oh!

And when he turns back to me with that face of malice and disgusting greediness I know that saying my name in this circumstance was a wrong move! This is definitely not what was planned!