My Sanctuary

"Oh katherrrinnneee!" I turn around to find Diane, my best friend since birth. I skip the rest of the way down the steps happily and meet her by her car.
"oh yes dearest! What trouble are we introducing today!" I exclaim. Diane knee who I was and turned a blind eye.

She loves and respects me for me not for my family or their business empire that overs-pans past Miami and Florida all the way around the country...We lived of course in Miami where the weather is always so nice and work was mostly done in big cities like New York, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Vegas and California..

"I was thinking since it is a sunny humid day at the end of August we should head to the beaccchhhh!!!!!" She says ecstatically.
"That my friend is a great idea!" I say giggling as she shows me our beach stuff.

"Or you can hitch a ride with me princess" i turn around to find what has to be the most gorgeous man behind me. My cheeks heat up as he lights up a cigarette. I roll my eyes at him even though he's model worthy.

But his demeanor and classy dress pants and shoes, his white shirt and the black leather jacket thrown across the motorcycle turns my blush into one of anger. His beanie covers his dark locks and they match his dark blue eyes.

"Yeah I don't think so" I say anger filling my entire body..I asked him simply to keep his men and his life away from mine and here he goes sending one to What babysit me?!

"Hmm sei sicuro di questo?" (You sure about that?) his accent is native and smooth and I can tell he thinks I'm ignorant of his language.

"molto sicuro, ora prendi il tuo ego e spingilo a due miglia da qui!" (very sure, now take your ego and push it two miles from here!) I respond turning back to the car his cigarette fumes pissing me off and Diane snaps at him as if that's a diss and we make our way into the car.

But before I can close the door it's caught by the stranger. He lowers himself to my level.
"He hasn't told you about me?! Or you just have no idea who i am?" He says and I try to set the door free.

"I really don't care so please move before I make you!" I say threateningly. He does as I say and moves back shutting the door.

"Who was that?!" Diane asks finally speaking after being completely speechless.
"No idea now lets go" her foot hits the gas pedal when I say this and we make our way to my sanctuary of sandy softness and sunny waves.

"Oh but he was so hot!" She exclaims as we stop at a red light.
"Like most of them are" I mumble not really wanting to talk about this or him, whoever he was...

"No not like that, what did he say to you that last second?" She inquires curiously as she continues to drive.
"That I'm supposed to know him, or that my dad was supposed to tell me who he is, but like I said to him I don't know and I don't care I just want to get through this year and I think I have enough to move out by the end of the year" I say angry that I waited so long.

"Listen no one blames you Kate, you did the right thing" she says and I smile, I hope she's right..

We spend the rest of the day at the beach and when the sun starts to go down I face reality again. We drive along the freeway with the top of her old rusty convertible.

But when we reach my fathers giant driveway I scowl.
"Well goodnight" she says handing me my bag.
"Yeah you too see you tomorrow!" I say shutting the car door behind me and making my way into the car.

When I walk in I hear talking. My dad of course with someone else...the other man sounds familiar but I shrug making my way to the staircase.

"Catalina Rosa were you going to bed without saying goodnight" I scowl at his words.
"I was hoping to" I say from the staircase. I don't see the stranger but my father comes out dressed in his perfect suit with his nice rings and makes his way over to me.

"How was your day?" He asks. I roll my eyes.
"Insufferable" and with this I start climbing the stairs.

"Just come down and-" He starts but I hold up my hand to stop him.
"Goodnight" His scowl is evident and I make my way up to my room.

And when I'm inside I finally feel the pressure hitting me.
I just want to sleep and that's exactly what I do knowing tomorrow is an excruciatingly busy day...