Threatened

I scowl at Diane who sits with her lollipop in her mouth and her eyes wide.
"Hello?!" I yell feeling uncomfortable in this wedding dress that I am being forced to try on. It's one of the many I have tried on with my aunt staring me down like a hawk.
"I like it, just like I've liked the one you tried before that and the one before that and the one-"

"We get it!" I say holding up my hand to stop her from continuing and she smirks evilly. I turn to the mirror and look myself over. This one is skin tight and has a beautiful design as it outlines the bust nicely with spaghetti straps.
"I think you look ravishing" I turn around to be faced with a stranger. He stands tall, posh and by the door of the boutique that my father rented out for the day.

His hair is neat and brown and his eyes are a soft blue. His smile is devilish and he looks sharp.
"And you are?" My aunt asks raising a brow as Diane stares at him with her jaw dropped.
"Edmond Azzaro" He says feigning a dramatic bow.
"Azzaro as in?"
"Damon" my cheeks heat up as he mentions his name and I try not to choke on my saliva.

"Yes Damon is my half brother, different mothers and all" he says scowling when he says this but easily recovering with a smile.
"Well you have no reason to be here" I say suddenly feeling uneasy with this "half brother" here.
"Yes well, I've only come to send along a message. Miss Catizone we are all watching, and we know what your up too...it will be your downfall" he says and my heart rate quickens! How does he know? What does he know?

"I have no ide-"
"Choose your next words wisely Miss, we don't expect much real ignorance from you, what you pretend to not know is feigned, and we both know who Damon will drag down with him" I scowl at his words and my whole body is on fire with nerves.

"Are you threatening me?" I say trying to sound bold and unmoved.
"Not at all, just passing along a suggestion, now you have yourself a good day" he retorts before leaving the boutique. The sadistic way in which he says this makes me begin to hyperventilate as my aunt badgers me with questions. But I have to tell Damon, and even though we haven't spoken for days after that "fight" we had I have to tell him, it's like I know deep in my core. Or maybe I just need reassurance.

I take my phone out and dial his number but it comes up as voicemail and I scowl calling him again and again but it's still voicemail.
"Kate what's going on?" Diane asks as I pace in this stupid wedding dress.
"Diane give me your keys!" I exclaim and she does as I run out, wedding dress and all, to her car. I hop in and drive off before they can make it outside.

Something in my gut feels jittery and I'm afraid. I don't want to be caught in the cross fire and either way I'll be pinned as treasonous in all of this. I just need to make sure this is not what I think it is and that this Alejandro isn't legit.

When I make it to his house I don't even wait for the Butler to open the door as I run past him up the stairs to his room.

"DAMON!"

"Damon!" I yell out for him but he isn't here. So I run back down my heart racing as I stop to catch my breath. This dress feels suddenly tighter and my pulse is going crazy. Where is he? Is he doing this on purpose?!

"Catalina" my heart stops at the way my name comes from his mouth and when I turn towards him his blue eyes meet mine. The way he looks me up and down and the way his eyes turn from a shade lighter to a shade darker makes my toes curl and my cheeks get redder. This wedding dress was causing some extreme tension and suddenly I've forgotten why I'm here.

"Wow" is his only phrase and it's expressed in a way I've never seen him.
"Damon! Damon" I pick the dress up and run over to where he stands suddenly remembering the issue at hand,
"Your brother came to the boutique where I was trying on dresses. Which you wouldn't know cause we haven't spoken, He waltzed right in and I tried to call you! Why didn't you answer?!" I exclaim as his arms catch mine as he stares at me puzzled.