Nine

Troy's POV

We finished our breakfast, and we went on a walk around the golf course.

"Remember when we got in trouble here? Back in '08?" Gabby told me, grabbing my hand.

I smiled at the memory. Mr. Fulton had literally threatened to terminate our jobs, Gab as the lifeguard, me as kitchen staff.

We wandered the soft, green flat forgetting there were golfers swinging clubs around.

I guess we got distracted, and when I turned my head, a golf ball was headed straight for us.

I may or may not have not ducked, and got clocked with the ball.

"Troy, are you okay?" Gabriella asked frantically.

"I'm okay, I'm okay," I said, rubbing my head.

Just then, we both heard our names being called. "Troy! Gabriella! Guys!"

We looked around, and saw Ryan running at full speed towards us.

"Troy, my sister said she kissed you, and that you told Gabriella and she left you, but I've been spying on you guys, and I see that most of it isn't true. But just be careful, I'm warning you about Sharpay. She asked Kelsi to write another duet for you and her for the Star Dazzle Award. Please tell me that she didn't kiss you? And are you okay? That ball hit you pretty hard," Ryan spoke so fast, I barely got any information.

I looked down at the grass. "It hurt, and uh, umm." What do I say?

Gabriella's POV

WHAT? Sharpay kissed Troy? He didn't deny it? Have they been sleeping together behind my back? Oh my gosh, I need to think about this alone.

"Troy, I'm going to take a walk, okay?" I turned around, and walked away, my hand placed gently on my stomach.

I need to find out what happened, or else I am done. I stormed off the course, and found Mr. Fulton's office.

"Sir, where is Sharpay? I need to talk to her about something really important," I asked urgently.

"What's the problem, Miss. Montez?"

"Well, I need to talk to her about the Star Dazzle Award, how I need Kelsi that day, and she might not make it back in time for the show," I partially lied.

He stood up, and paged Sharpay.

She walked in, moments later, in a bathrobe, and a towel in her hair.

"Why did you page me? I was getting my nails done!" She motioned toward her paper slipper clad feet.

"We have a slight problem, see, Miss. Montez needs to speak with you about the Star Dazzle Award."

Her eyes turned to me. "Okay, come with me," she sneered.

We left the office into a small room used for playing pool.

"Is this really about the Star Dazzle Award? Or is it the fact I kissed Troy?"

"The second one, actually. You see, I woke up early this morning, at around 2:35 am. I have no idea why, but he had a ring box, and I looked at it, and I feel very guilty, because I'm pregnant, Sharpay, and I've known for a while, but I need Troy. Well, umm," I bit my lip, "It isn't his child."

Her eyes flew open wider. "Who's is it?"

"My friend, from before I moved to East High, she can't have kids. So, she asked me to carry her baby for her. I agreed and Troy doesn't know. I really think he will leave me because I lied to him! Oh my gosh, Sharpay I need help!" I started crying, and she wrapped her arms around me, saying, "It's okay, I got this."

I had a feeling she wasn't being evil about this. "Thanks Sharpay," I whispered.