One

Sharpay picked up her gold glitter purse and walked out of her dressing room. Everyone was going wild. She had just finished her concert. Ryan followed her outdoors and they quickly darted into her signature pink limousine. “Where are we going?” Quentin their driver asked, in his deep, husky voice. Sharpay thought for a moment.

“Home. We need to pack for Lava Springs tomorrow. I haven’t been there since, well, high school! Oh, those were the days. Shame I let those pesky Wildcats win the Star Dazzle Award.” Sharpay spat, shaking her head at the memories.

“Actually, I won the Star Dazzle Award that year. Remember?” Ryan asked.

Ryan had always known that he would never be as famous as his twin sister, Sharpay. But things did change after high school. Ryan got his degree in dancing and choreography and helped produce famous movies and musicals. So technically, he was famous in his own way, and he had no problem with that.

On the other hand, Sharpay had always craved for the attention. She wanted everything to be, let’s just say, fabulous. Now she was what she had always wanted, a super star! Her long blonde hair twirled around her tanned fingers. She smiled as the limousine pulled over at her home in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

She and her brother Ryan lived in a large mansion. It had an indoor swimming pool, a walk in closet and everything you could ever dream of! Sharpay walked up into her bedroom. Her room had hot pink walls with golden flowers on. She had a fluffy pink carpet and an even fluffier cream coloured rug.

Perched on the top of her unused book shelf was her dog, Boi. “Hi Boi, hi.” She said, sweetly, picking up the soft brown canine. “Who’s a good doggie? You are! Yes you are.” She said, petting it. There was a knock on the door.

“Come in!” Sharpay called. The silver diamond handle twisted and then the white door opened, revealing her pale, tired looking, maid.

“I trust you had a splendid concert, Miss Evans. Now I have packed your bags, curtsey of your holiday to Lava Spring’s tomorrow. I hope you’re excited. It seems your fellow East High chums will be attending the event too.” Alexandria the maid smiled, folding up some underwear and shoving it into a drawer.

“What?” Sharpay questioned, disgusted. There is no way the Wildcats could come back and ruin her holiday! They’d thieve the Star Dazzle Award, once again.

“Not you’re old buddies, silly. I’m talking about the senior year. I trust you have been acquainted with Dion, Jimmy Zara and Tiara Gold, am I correct?” Alexandria asked, her British accent stirring in Sharpay’s mind. Speaking of British accents... Tiara Gold!

While her fatal enemy, Gabriella Montez was at Stanford University, it was Sharpay’s job to play Gabriella, leaving Tiara in the role of Sharpay. After it seemed that Troy wouldn’t be performing at the Spring Musical, and was replaced by Jimmy ‘The Rocketman’ Zara, Sharpay was fooled. It ruined her entire musical. She headed back to her dressing room only to find Tiara gold in her blue dress, because she was playing Sharpay. However, Troy and Gabriella made it to the second act.