Chapter 30: I need what?!

Mackenzie's POV:
I cannot believe that it's all finally over. You know other than the part where I now will have a doctor following me places to watch me and my health levels for my depression and eating disorder. We get to fly home in three days and Demi told me my dad would be home waiting for me. I am so excited I miss him so much!

"So, Demi have the police found anything yet? Or have they found Lucy?" I ask and Demi looks sadly.
She shakes her head no "they haven't found them yet or her, but they did say we along with her parents would be the first to know." She says taking the seat next to my bed and holds my hand in hers. "It's almost over babe I promise" she smiles

"Are they checking hotels, penthouses, Airbnb's?" She nods and I'm guessing still nothing. I lay my head on my pillow and lay on my side facing her. There's a small knock on the door and my doctor and a unknown doctor walks in.

"Hi Mackenzie, how are you feeling today?" I turn to lay on my back and shrug my shoulders. Demi nudges me to give a real answer.

"I'm feeling okay, my head hurts a little but that's all" I answered again.
My doctor writes everything thing I say down.

"Well, I have good and bad news what would you like first?" I look to Demi and she answers for me

"Bad news first, please" the doctor nods

"Well, got all of your CT head scans back and found that you, Demi Lovato and Max Lea all have a brain bleed. Good news is we have this amazing world known brain surgeon Dr. Amelia Shay here to fix it she is the best and she flew in yesterday after hearing what happened. It's a quick surgery only about two hours right?" My doctor ask her and she nods "and you'll be able to leave in 4-5!" My heart drops once that was said 4 to 5 days, 4 to 5 days, 4 to 5 days is now repeating in my head.

"But, but my dad is waiting for me at home I don't know how long he'll be there I cannot stay that long." I cry and Demi squeezes my hand and rubs the back of my hand.

"Hey it'll be okay! I promise we'll get you home to your dad okay?" She tries to comfort me.

"No I don't want the surgery here!! I want to go home!"

"Mack it will be o-" I cute Demi off and rip my hand from hers

"No, don't say that every time someone says that it never ends up okay! I don't want to be in this country any longer! If you cannot promise that I will be out of here in three days then I want to leave today with NO SURGERY!!" I scream and rant

"You cannot fly with a brain bleed, it's not safe you will die" Dr. Amelia says

"I would rather die th-" Demi puts her hand over my mouth and says
"When do we go into surgery ?"

"Great question, my nurses will be in to prep Demi in the next 30minutes so please return to your room miss and then in two and a half hours they will be in to prep max and you Mackenzie, how does that sound?" I lick Demi's hand and she quickly pulls it away.

"Ewe!" She shouts as I run out the door. "I'm not getting the surgery" I keep running and running down all the different hallways. Until I find a stairway and start to quickly go down them. I can hear people running behind me so I start to speed up I go in a random floor and hide in an unlocked closet. I lock the door and hide in the corner behind a shelf. I cover my mouth and try to calm my breathing but am unsuccessful. I start to hear the door knob rattle. They continue to rattle the door until I hear keys. The door unlocks a nurse walks in grabs a blanket and yells to someone else.

"I got it never mind! The door was locked not sure why! We always have it unlocked." She walks out and I let out a sigh of relief. I get up and walk to the door
"Hey excuse me ma'am, I need you to lock down your floor now. We have a patient who has a brain bleed on the loose. She is about 13 dark hair and her name is Mackenzie. Also, she has a scar on her left cheek and a cut on her neck. Also, she is very skinny due to an eating disorder." She doesn't say anything and I no longer hear anyone. I can't go out there now, what the hell am I going to do?