Rare Hunters

As we're now on exam leave, I've been taking extra shifts at the Game shop. Obviously I don't get paid but the more shifts I take, the more tips I get. Sugoroku is even thinking of getting a coffee machine so patrons can buy coffee while they sit and play games or whatever. I think I'd get even more tips as a server. As it's approaching summer, I want to buy my own clothes. Akefia has some great stuff, but red isn't my colour and nerdy graphic Aventure Time shirts aren't my type. And I can't get away with borrowing Mai's clothes the entire summer months, they aren't even my thing either.

I lean over the counter and observe the players, different games going on at each table. I haven't even heard of a lot of the card games, Magic the Gathering and Vanguard or whatever. A lot of people have requested we install games consoles and charge for playing time, but that'll bring such a host of new expenses to Sugoroku that it won't really be worth it, like electricity bills and buying the new releases of games every month.

Nothing is happening, so I go on Messenger with Ishizu and chat to her for a couple of minutes about her new supported accommodation, the guy she's seeing and her hunt for a job.

Akefia arrives a little later in the afternoon, after being out all day wherever-the-fuck. "Hey," I nod to him slightly, would it be inappropriate to be excited to see him at work? To treat him as my boyfriend? Apparently not, as he walks up to the counter and kisses me with brazen abandon. "Afternoon,"

We get a few looks, just blank ones that I can't discern. I shrink in on myself a litte, the feeling of being open about my sexuality so alien to me. It's a concept I never though possible I didn't even pay any mind to it, expecting to hide that part of myself away forever. Now it feels like I'm forced to acknowledge it and that people are really judging me secretly, or openly. But no, it's just blank stares. "Look what I got," Akefia grins up at me, pulling a small, thin shirt out from a secret pocket in his jacket. It's not really secret, it's large and bullt into the coat itself. The tags are also still on the shirt, showing its size and make etc.

It's a dark ash-coloured shirt with fitted sleeves. It's exacly my thing, I could wear it under a dark wasirtcoat if I had one. That's what I'm gonna buy myself next, a dark short-ish waistcoat. "Oh my Gods," I take it off him, clutching it to my chest as if it's precious - It is, since Akefia gave it to me. "You got me this?!"

"Yeah," he chuckls. "I know you have to keep borrowing clothes from me or Mai, and my stuff isn't really yout style so..." he trails off, shrugging. He won't look me in the eye - aww, he's embarrassed about getting me a present. I place my hand on his arm, discarding my awkwardness for a moment and kissing him softly.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it," the price is still on the tag, I check it. "Wow, you spent quite a bit on this! Are you sure you're okay with getting me stuff like this?"

Akefia shakes his head. "Don't worry about it, really Marik,"

I nod and go back to the counter, where one customer is waiting to buy a booster pack.

"Sooo I was thinking, we're off uni for a few months," I shrug, then remember he's totally finished other than the finals and assignments. "Well I am. Do you want to go somewhere, plan something?"

"Hm?" Akefia glances over at me and away from the wall he was staring at in preoccupation. "Yeah, if you like. We could stay at a swanky hotel in the city,"

I don't feel good about that. For one thing, Akefia would have to pay for all of it, I couldn't even contribute $10 and even if I could, it'd be meaningless compared to what Akefia would be paying. "Maybe after exam leave?" I sigh, giving him an apologetic smile. "I don't feel good accepting that for you,"