The Architect

Every time I think of 'architect' I think of Dr Who and Capaldi, who was the best Doctor.
Or am I just saying that cause he's got the guitar and he fun sonic screwdriver and everything? And we have the same accent!

I've never seen Akefia on campus before.

It's 10:00, my earliest seminar on a Thursday and consequently I'm groggy. I get a small pick-me-up coffee from the vending machine in one of the lecture centres and Akefia passes me in his deep red hoodie, too quick for me to greet him good morning - I don't think he sees me. He follows a group of congealing students all hovering around a door, waiting to pile themselves into the wide hall once the door opens. I frown, walking to the front of the centre and looking up, past the frame to the sign above the main entrance. I didn't actually pay attention to what building this is, I just use the vending machine because a black coffee is 80 cents. The sign reads 'Architecture Building'. All the stuff in Akefia's room makes sense in my head, but I don't have much time to think about it as I walk uphill to the street lined with Humanities subject buildings to attend my seminar, in which I have trouble concentrating. I just can't stop thinking of Akefia and his architecture course.

I explore my own campus, which I keep finding more of. Even when I think I've seen everything, I discover something new. The cafe in the main building sells granola yoghurt. There's a toilet on the 3rd floor, I thought there was only one on the 4th. The bottom floor of the main building is the Business School. Akefia majors in architecture. What a groundbreaking discovery to make today! And no, that wasn't sarcasm. Although I still have 3 more classes, I feel like I've been productive enough for an entire day. I feel like a palaeontologist who's stumbled upon a new species from the Cretaceous.  Akefia majors in architecture. I wonder, does he do a joint degree or is that it? Would he even answer if I asked?

I hear my phone ring and smile when I see Ishizu. I pick up, still high from my little discovery. Actually from both of them. "Marik!" She exclaims, sounding happier than before. That makes me smile, knowing she's improving even if it's just baby steps. "I have some amazing news!"

"Oooh what?" I ask, giddy with anticipation. Whenever Ishizu has news I always get excited for her. Sometimes more than she does! I just love when she sounds so energetic and excited, a rarity reserved for special occasions since our newfound freedom.

"I've been speaking to my therapist. She says I'm ready to move into supported accommodation!" That's great. That's such a relief. I feel tears in my eyes even as I smile with happiness, the winter cold freezing my cheeks, rosy with glee. Ishizu needed the hospital, but she was trapped in an institution her whole life, it's time for her to get some independence, just like me!

"That's...I'm so happy for you..." My body itches with the desire to hug her. I can feel her now, the distinct squeeze of her hugs on my back, comforting me with her soft words. "Really, I'm so proud of you Ishizu..."

"Thanks, Marik," then we talk about Akefia. I mean, of course we do! She loves gossip and especially my new info on his sexuality, and his uni course.  I need to explain to her what he does and stumble, because even I don't know that much. But she supports me so much. "You're my irl OTP," she laughs and I laugh back. She's just found out about modern speech and is getting the hang of it.

"Good to know." I chuckle. "I'm gonna go. I have ten minutes till my Psyche lecture,"

"Goodbye, brother,"