The Monthiversary

Sorry the chapter is kinda short. 

Yugi and Yami celebrate their 3-monthiversary. I don't think Yami cares too much but Yugi is ecstatic to mark the occasion. They host a Duel Monsters tournament with lucrative tins and booster packs as prizes, free to enter for this special occasion. Yami wins of course, but he gives the prize to Yugi. It's so cute to watch, the entire shop cooing when Yugi stands on his tip-toes and kisses Yami's nose in gratitude. Their relationship seems so perfect. I'd like to ask them about it in depth but not tonight, not on their special night. Even my curiosity has boundaries.

After the shop closes, we decide to have a little get-together of just the flatmates and Yami. It begins late afternoon, most of us just looking at our phones, sharing videos and pics, talking about basic things. We also drink casually and get slightly tipsy. "I'll do a booze run," Akefia offers, simply to get away from the music and the people. Besides, I think he dislikes Yami somewhat. Just a feeling I get, they haven't spoken a word to one another all night and seem to have avoided one another since Yami began hanging around. 

Well Akefia's plan to get away from it all backfires. Yami wants cigarettes and Yugi comes too. Melvin tags along because he doesn't want to be left alone and I do the same, it'd be weird to be the only one who stays behind. 

Yami and Yugi hold hands and hug the whole way down the street. We reach a wall, a short one about my waist height. Akefia is wearing his ripped jeans and as he bend his knee to jump down, one of the rips expands to tear off an entire section of jean. I can't help laughing at him, he huffs but takes my hand to walk together. "I hate you," 

"Hm, at least it'll help with the temperature," there's been a massive heat wave here the past week, totally unusual even as we pass into spring. Everyone is still walking around in long trousers and hoodies and shit because nobody was prepared for it, and this includes Akefia. 

"True actually, I might have to go shirtless at some point," I would love him to go shirtless at some point, so I don't refute that. 

Yugi frowns, standing atop the wall. He watches Yami jump down with a nervous frown. "Aibou, what's wrong?" Yami asks, using his little pet name for Yugi. Yami is American-Japanese, I'm sure that's what language Yugi's name is in. I don't know what it means though. 

"I um, can't jump down from this high," 

Yami chuckles, reaching around Yugi and picking him up, placing him down gently on the pavement beside him. "You on the ground, can I let you go now?" 

"Yeah," Yugi steps away and blushes fiercely. Unlike most of us, he doesn't have the hair to hide it with. "S-Sorry," 

"Aw, it's alright," Yami ruffles his hair and they walk together, every bit the new couple. It's a slow trail to the shop, each couple stopping every 20 feet or so to make out or cuddles. Akefia kisses me against the wall by the road, butterflies in my stomach. No, it's the drink. The drink warms my stomach, it seems to hit me even stronger outside. I may fall off the pavement. I bet Akefia would be there to catch me if I did... he smells like liquor sweetness. 

We buy what's needed, Yami chats with the brunette sales girl, someone he knows from uni. She giggles along to how drunk he is. When we leave, he whispers to me that she's in love with him. I don't know how to take that. Keep walking. 

Akefia and I hang back in harmony, side by side But looking ahead, Yugi and Yami have split, Yugi storming ahead with a purposeful stride, I frown, half-jogging on the empty road to catch up. I don't acknowledge Yami's deadpan expression when I pass him, staring angrily ahead. 

Finally I reach Yugi. "You okay?" I ask, falling into step with him. His face is slightly red, eyes glassy in an inebriated haze. I feel more sober now.