The Date

⚠️ warning - Sexual harassment/ assault ⚠️

I practically skip all the way home. That's it, the end! My final exam over and done with! The second I left the hall I forgot what I wrote, what the questions were. Hell, I could have drawn a comic strip, but for now I'm forcing myself to relax and not worry about results. This is my Winter break, the impending results won't ruin it because I won't let them. I return and it's barely noon. Yūgi is 2nd year so his exam is later than mine, and right now he's alternating between stocking new products and reading a textbook. "Go study," I tell him. "I'll cover until Melvin's shift," it's only 3 hours anyway.

"Thanks Marik!" He grins and takes his well-earned morning tips of 18 cents before dashing upstairs with his book. It's cute, Yūgi acts so childish sometimes but he's probably more mature than I am despite actually being younger. Akefia strolls in from the kitchen, arms crossed over his chest and a coffee in one hand, wearing his resting bitchface.

"Hey,"

"Morning," I smile at him. "That's my exams over!"

"Lucky you," he groans, rolling his eyes and loudly sipping the coffee. "I am actually proud by the way. It's too early to be enthusiastic,"

"Then you can make it up to me later tonight," I wink. It's meant to be innocent flirting, really. But Akefia smirks a little.

"Okay, I will. I'm taking you out, Marik Ishtar," he reveals cryptically.

"Is this an excuse to avoid studying?" I ask suspiciously. Seems like the kind of shit Akefia would pull.

"No, actually I've been wanting to do this for a while," he admits. "Get dressed up. You don't have to look fancy or anything, but just... go from Blue Eyes White Dragon to Blue Eyes Shining Dragon. If that makes sense,"

"It does," I chuckle, and the shift ends quicker than normal as I anticipate what Akefia could have in mind, and if it's a date or not. I'm too excited to even analyse it!

The evening arises and I'm ready. I wear my coat and scarf because it's cold but underneath I'm wearing my family's jewellery, gold bangles decorating my arms to almost the elbow, chinking with each movement and professing their love to Akefia through song. I've done a side-part to my hair and swept my fringe back a little, kept in place by Yugi's hairspray. My makeup is pretty subtle, just black eyeliner and lilac nail polish - I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard in case this isn't actually a date.

I send a pic of myself to Ishizu and tell her about the date

I send a pic of myself to Ishizu and tell her about the date. She responds.

You look dazzling. Steal his heart, Mar xxx Don't have too much fun! 😜