I Choose You

H.

«June 26th, 2014»

I loved all of the fans, so, so much, but I couldn’t help but feel frustrated and stressed as I fought my way through a massive crowd that had formed around my car and outside the hotel. Finally, after Preston and Paul cleared a thin path for me, I practically lunged into the already-moving vehicle.

“They’re bloody crazy, those girls.” Preston chuckled but I was already deep in thought, too much so to acknowledge whatever was being said around me.

Twenty weeks. One-hundred and forty-three days. Three thousand, eight-hundred and sixty-four hours…all spent pining for her. Missing her with every last bit of my heart. I have to admit, there were times when I almost just gave in, days where it was all too unbearable, that was until I realized that space was what we had needed. But I’m here in the same city, whether she knew that or not, and I’m tired of space. Space has come and gone, now it was just painful. Excruciatingly painful.

“Where’d ya say we’re goin’ Styles?” David questioned and I thought for a second.

“Hotel Principe Di Savoia” He nodded and typed something into the GPS. I was nervous—fuck, I could barely breathe, but I think that was because I knew how close I was to her. 

T.

“Thank you, bella…you’ve blown me away every single time I throw new tasks at you and I’m so proud. And this…” Valeria motioned to the last-minute party I’d whisked together for her in my own hotel suite. “This is just exquisite.”

“Well, this is all thanks to the hotel staff…I just asked them nicely.” I said with a modest shrug, but she wouldn’t have it.

“Yes, but you are a godsend and one incredibly talented young lady. I’m very, very proud of you, darling. Now go! Enjoy yourself, find that boy who’s been looking for you!” She placed a loving kiss on my cheek before grabbing a third glass of champagne off of a waiter’s tray and spinning away from my grasp, before I could even ask her to elaborate on the boy. What boy?

“Aw, there’s my bella! You are looking ravishing…” Matteo, whom I’d met earlier in the week spun me around and kissed my cheek. Of course it was him looking for me. I’d let myself become hopeful for nothing.

“Grazie, grazie, Matteo…are you enjoying the party?” I managed to get out of his grasp, so we were now just standing close to each other. I really wasn’t at all attracted to him, but he’d made it very clear he wanted a chance.

“I enjoy any and all things associated with you, beautiful…” I wanted out of this conversation, but I wasn’t seeing any possible reasons to have to leave. 

“Tess?” That voice. I turned around and tears had immediately formed in the corners of my eyes. I wanted to respond, say his name…anything, but I was frozen. He was here. Harry was here…my Harry. He took a step closer and I felt myself losing oxygen, quickly. 

“Did you get my text?” He asked and I shook my head, confused, yet still unable to form a coherent sentence. “I sent you a text…”

“What…what did it say?” I finally voiced, sounding mousy and timid. A small smile appeared on the corner of his lips and his hands found their favorite spot on my hips.

“It said I love you. Because I love you and no offense, but you're wrong. You're wrong about us being on different paths.” A few weeks ago we’d talked about us and I’d said this. “We're not on different paths, you're my path and you're always gonna be my path. And I know there's a million reasons why we shouldn't be together, I know that. But I'm tired of them, I'm tired of every single one of them, you know I’ve got to make a choice, Tess, and I choose you. Every chance I get, I’m gonna be here with you and when the tour is over, I’ll be with you every day. I'm following you now—I'm just gonna follow you everywhere. I'm just gonna follow you for the rest of my life.” Tears were surely ruining my makeup but I couldn’t care less. I also ignored the crowd of party goers who had gathered to watch us.

“I’ve hated this…” I choked out and he looked puzzled. “This…us…I hate myself for ending it, because I need you, Harry…so much…” He pulled my face up to meet his and I wrapped my arms around his neck. “I love you more than anything…more than life.” He smiled into my mouth as his tongue swiped across mine.

“I’m more in love with you today, than I was yesterday…” Nothing mattered, nothing but him. “And tomorrow I’ll be even more in love with you and everyday for the rest of our lives…I’m yours, Tess. I’m yours and I’m always going to be yours, baby. Forever.” We really were the only two people on the planet in this moment and I couldn’t help the tears that were now pouring out of my eyes. I had to pull away and bury my face in his neck.

“I love you, I love you, I love you…” I cried over and over again. 

“I love you, baby. God, I’m so fucking in love with you, Tess.” Suddenly, the room erupted and every single guest was clapping loudly and looking ecstatic for us. As soon as we let go of one another, we were surrounded by people congratulating our loving, passionate reunion. 

“Welcome to Italy…” I giggled in Harry’s ear just before we were pulled into separate embraces.

∞THE END∞