Something Great

H.

The interview couldn't have been any more boring and as soon as it was over, I booked it out of the studio, heading right back towards Tessa's flat building. Normally...I enjoyed doing interviews with my mates but today I was just so desperate to get back to her, nothing else seemed to be important enough. The boys understood though. Especially, Zayn, Liam and Louis. They knew what it was like. Niall just didn't have a care in the world, so I wasn't worried about him. 

The snow was falling heavily, making it almost impossible to see, but I was able to use it to my advantage—dodging in and out of the bodies effortlessly, without anyone actually noticing the fact that it was me.

I managed to get to Tessa's in under fifteen minutes, which was decent, but still fifteen minutes too long. It really was ridiculous how badly I needed to just be around her. I'd be fine just not even talking—we didn't have to do anything at all. Just being close to her was enough.

"It's open!" I heard her call after I knocked a few times. I groaned, annoyed that she still hadn't listened to me, although I decided against scolding her for it. I was too happy and in too good of a mood to get angry with her. "I'm in the kitchen, Har!" My heart skipped a little at the simple shortening of my name. 

"Hi beautiful..." I let my hands fall lazily to her hips and she jumped slightly at our sudden closeness.

"I'm making gluten-free cookies—try one!" She handed me a dark brown clump and I put it gingerly on my tongue. The taste was absolutely god-awful and I tried not to choke it back up.

"That is horrendous..." I laughed loudly as she tried to look hurt, but failed because a cute smirk had begun to play on her beautiful lips. "I'm sorry, baby...but that is actually the worst thing I have ever tasted..." I placed a soft kiss on her shoulder and she tried to hide the goosebumps that had appeared on her pale skin.

"You're terrible..."

"Am I?" I turned her by twisting her hips around so she was facing me.

"I—yes. Yes, you are. I worked hard on those." Her pitiful pout was humorous and I had to hold in my chuckle.

"I'm sure you did, and I'm sure someone—maybe—will like them...but gluten-free...I dunno, I'm not about that life." This got her to giggle amusedly.

"Whatever." She pushed away from me and placed the bowl of batter in the fridge, before we both started cleaning up the slight mess that had begun to clutter the otherwise clean countertops. "So...I think I found a decent outfit for tonight, you'll have to tell me what you think though."

"Yeah?"

"Mhmm." 

"Well, I can't wait to see it." I smiled over at her and she blushed. "Dress?"

"No, skirt and blouse." I shrugged, not really caring whether she wore sweatpants or a gown. She'd look beautiful either way. "Is that going to be okay?"

"Huh?" I had zoned out. "Oh, yeah. No, that'll be fine. I know you'll look pretty in anything you decide to wear.”

“Oh stop it—kiss ass.” She hopped up on the counter and giggled, her dark eyebrows moving up and down, along with her facial expressions. I sauntered over and stood in between her legs with my hands on both sides of the granite.

“You know I mean that…” I smirked.

“No, I don’t think you did, ya wanker.” Her laugh was absolutely contagious and despite the fact that she was insulting me, I couldn’t help but chuckle with her.

“Heeey…take that back” I pouted, which caused her to roll her eyes. “Baby, take it back!” I laughed and pressed my lips against her neck, trying to get an apology out of her, whether it was sincere or not.

“Okay, okay! Sorry…” She took a deep breath as a smile began to grow again on her face, “…wanker.” Her giggles echoed throughout the small flat and I just couldn’t help myself. I moved my mouth on top of hers in a gentle kiss, that caused her to stop, and to my dismay, pull away. “I want to take this—us—slow, okay?” Her hazel eyes searched mine and I backed away, only slightly, so I could get a better view of her beautiful face.

“So we’re an us now?” I smirked playfully.

“I thought after last night we were kind of automatically an us…?” She looked a bit offended at my little joke.

“No, no, we are—of course we are, I was just teasing you.” Her smile returned quickly and she hopped down off of the counter.

“Oh…right then. Well, come on. Time to play dress-up.” I followed her down the hallway and though I tried to go into her bedroom, she pushed me out and instructed that I wait on the couch in the living room.