Stole My Heart

T.

After several different outfit changes, I finally found one that caused Harry’s jaw to drop. 

“It’s—you’re—perfect. You’re absolutely, breathtakingly perfect…”

His words played over and over in my head and I still smile when I think about it. After getting back into my jeans and t-shirt, I had kicked him out so I could get ready without him making me blush every five minutes.

-I can’t wait to see you tonight, love x.-

I shook my head, amusedly, and put my phone back on my bed. The boy was relentless, I had to give him that. Instead of responding, I sat down at my vanity and tried to figure out what kind of make up would be best for my outfit. Which took a whole hour of wiping it away and putting it back on and then wiping it away again—it was wonderful, and ever-so time consuming.

After that mess was over, I put my hair into a slick up-do and got changed. Just as I was getting in the cab, I got yet another text from Mr. Styles, himself.

-I changed my mind. Coming to get you xx.-

-Already stepped out, in the cab on the way xoxo.-

-Damnit Tess.-

-See you in a few, ya wanker ;)-

I placed my phone back in my clutch and leaned back in the seat. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen tonight, but I was quite excited. Would our relationship—whatever it is—be outed? Would he feel obligated to put a label on us? My brain was racing and my heart was beating a mile a minute as we grew nearer. 

“Alright missy…out you go.” The cabbie smiled warmly at me and I handed him a generous twenty dollar bill. 

“Thank you!” I stepped out and took a deep breath before the doorman opened the giant glass doors for me.

“Evening, ma’am. thirty-third floor penthouse—” 

“Tess…” I turned around, all the attention focused on the doorman’s instructions were long forgotten as I took in the beautifully flawless man in front of me. His hair was pushed back messily, and his green eyes were an unusually light jade color, and the smile that was slowly making it’s way onto his face was giving me the chills. No one had ever looked at me the way he did—the way he was gazing at me in that moment was reason enough to pass out and/or hyperventilate and lose any, and all oxygen. 

The only thing that broke us out of whatever weird trance we were in, was the elevator doors closing, which caused him to have to quickly hop out of the way

“Erm—hi…I—you look handsome.” I barely choked out, the nerves suddenly overtaking my entire being. 

“You look—so beautiful, Tess…I mean…wow. Just wow.” His eyes scoured my body and though it should have made me feel uncomfortable, it didn’t. If anything I wanted wrap my arms around his shoulders and kiss him.

“We should probably go up now…seeing as how we’re very visible to anyone passing by…” I giggled and he nodded just before tripping over his own feet.

“Right…shall we?” He offered his arm, clearly trying to make what he’d just done look smooth, and I gingerly slipped mine through as we got into the mirrored elevator. As soon as the doors closed, he pulled me around so our chests were touching and I laced my arms around his lower back and smiled up at him. 

“You really do look handsome…”

“Yeah?”

“Mhmm…you clean up nice, Styles.”

“Why thank you, Ms. McMartin.” We stood staring at each other like love sick teenagers for a few seconds, “Can I give you a kiss, please?” I shook my head and giggled, then I tapped my cheek, indicating that was all I was going to allow…for now.

Warmth ran across my face, tickled my spine, and then spread throughout the rest of my body as his lips lingered on my cheek.

The elevator doors, brought us back to reality, once again, and revealed a very posh looking party. He lead the way out with my hand held tightly inside his bigger one, and we weaved in and out of the bodies, who didn’t seem to pay much attention. It was definitely a much older crowd, not really what I had been expecting, but certainly a nice surprise.

“There he is!” I heard someone shout, happily in our direction. I knew who each of his bandmates were and I recognized all four of them standing in a small circle, near what looked like a food table.

“Hello lads…” Harry greeted them and I couldn’t help but smile at the proud smirk that was playing on his lips.

“Ahh, you must be the famous, Emily who Harry keeps raving about!” Louis smiled at me and I felt slightly sick to my stomach at the complete difference in names.

“Ha-ha, Lou…” Harry said, shaking his head, clearly annoyed.

“I’m just joking, love. It’s lovely to meet you, Tessa.” He held his hand out for me to shake and I managed to laugh at his joke, that wasn’t terribly funny.

“Ignore him, babe. He’s a twat. I’m Zayn.” Instead of a handshake, he pulled me into a friendly hug, then it was Niall’s turn.

“How are ya, Tessa? I’m Niall!” He hugged me then Liam pushed himself off of the table’s edge to pull me in.

“And I’m Liam, it’s so good to meet you, Tessa. We all feel like we know you already.” I blushed at this insinuation about Harry. 

“Well, you’ve all gone and given her hugs, it’s probably my turn, huh babe?” Louis stepped closer and gave me a quick squeeze. “Where are the girls? The three of you will get on brilliantly, Tessa…”

“Who is this again?” I questioned, no one in particular.

“My girlfriend, Eleanor…”

“…And my girlfriend, Sophia.” Louis and Liam answered me with friendly smiles on their faces, and almost exactly on cue, two incredibly gorgeous girls joined the circle, also making me feel immediately self-conscious. 

“Here ya go, love…” One of the girls handed me a flute of champagne, “We saw you two walk in. I’m Sophia!” I smiled and she hugged me.

“And I’m Eleanor! It’s so nice to meet you, Tessa.” She pulled me in for a quick hug and I began to relax. I’d been scared one or both would be rude or something, but I was pleasantly surprised. 

“This is quite a drag, innit?” Niall asked, while adjusting his pants. 

“I say we get the fuck out in no longer than forty-five minutes and go have our own little party in the suite.” Louis said as he pulled Eleanor underneath his arm.

“I like that idea, definitely.” Liam agreed and Harry’s hand found my waist and he brought me closer to his body, which I didn’t mind at all.

“Would you be okay with that?” His voice whispered against my ear and I nodded enthusiastically.

“Yeah, sounds good to us.” He answered and everyone began nodding.

“Alright then, we’ll hang around for a bit longer then we’ll leave.”

“I’m going to go introduce her to a few people, we’ll catch up with you guys in a bit.” Harry lead us away from the group and smiled down at me. “Ready?”

I leaned up and kissed his cheek before nodding. “Ready.”