Drunk In Love

Short and sweet chapter here. I've got a lot of ideas for this story so please stay with me!

And I'm sorry for being absent this past week. It's been a tough one. Turns out my love for the boys has in NO WAY prepared me for real love and heartbreak. It's really painful and seeing as how I've spent the past 48 hours crying, I look like I belong in Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. 

Anyway...I love you all sooo that's enough XOXO.

∞∞∞∞∞

H.

“Alright, alright, boozy…let’s get you home…” I began to pull a very intoxicated Tessa away from our loud, and very obnoxiously drunk friends.

“I really, truly enjoyed meeting you lot!” She giggled and they all shouted their goodbyes, cheerfully. Everyone had gotten along brilliantly, which was a relief for me—I mean, I knew the boys would like her. How could you not like her? Everything about her made me feel better. She makes me want to be the best that I can possibly be. The best version of Harry Styles…

“I can walk from here…” She smiled up at me and tried to escape my grasp, but I quickly pulled her back so our chests were touching.

“Absolutely not…you think I’m gonna let you walk home, drunk and stumbling at 3 o’clock in the morning in New York City?” 

“I don’t want people to mob you…” Her eyes were glistening from the hazy buzz that the alcohol had left, but they were also concerned and I felt an adoring smile grow on my face. She was willing to risk the dangers of walking home, just so I’d be safe from getting mobbed.

“Hey, Tess?”

“Hm..?” 

“Shut up. We’re leaving together, okay? And don’t bother arguing with me.” She leaned up and kissed my chin, before lacing her arm around my waist.

“I wouldn’t dream of it, Styles.”

“You gonna be okay?” I asked her as she dug around for her key. 

“Um…” She finally found it and pulled it out, turning it until the click could be heard.

“Tess…?” I asked, wanting to know the answer to my previous question.

“Actually…do you think you could just come in with me until I’m ready for bed?”

I smiled and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “Of course, love.” I took her hand and lead us inside, turning on a few lights as well. Once the flat was properly lit up, Tessa’s hand dropped mine lightly and I watched her as she headed into the bedroom.

A few minutes later, she came back in flannel pajama bottoms and a plain grey crew neck sweatshirt. “Here, take this.” I said, handing her aspirin and a small glass of water.

“Thank you.” She gulped both down and I put the glass back in the kitchen. “Harry?”

“Hmm?”

“Will you…can you stay here tonight? I mean––it’s silly for you to go back now…isn’t it?”

“Only if you promise to be in my arms when we wake up.” I had stopped a few feet away from her and she smiled and nodded.

“I promise.” Her hand reached out and I took it immediately in mine. 

“Then lets go to bed.” We walked hand in hand back to her room and I began taking my horribly uncomfortable clothes off, whilst she got situated underneath the covers. Once I was finished and the light was off, I climbed in next to her and she immediately molded her body to mine, which I didn’t mind at all. “Hey, Tess…?” I whispered, even though we were the only inhabitants in the room.

“Yeah?” 

“Are you coming home for Christmas?” I’m not really sure where that particular question came from.

“Erm—I’m not actually sure. Are you?”

“Of course. Mum would have my head if I didn’t.” She was quiet for a few seconds and at first I thought she was asleep, that was until she spoke up, her voice sounding a little broken.

“Mum and Dad are separating.” Well, shit. 

“Wait, wait…what? When was this decided?” 

“A couple of months back…dad told me over the phone a few weeks before I went home.”

“Do you know why?” I asked, my fingers gently caressing her arm.

“He wouldn’t tell me, he said that they had just grown apart but I don’t believe that for a second.”

“So…does that make you not want to go home?”

“Erm—I don’t know. I just feel like it’ll be strange, going to two different houses and celebrating it with them separately…”

“Well, I’ll be home…so you know you could always just—yeah, I’d be there, if you needed me.”

“I know. I’m just scared. Like…I feel like maybe if I had been around more—”

“Tessa, don’t you dare start thinking that way. Baby, I’m sure your parents are so proud of you, and they never would have allowed you to give up your dream.”

“No, I know. You’re right. It just really sucks.” She sighed into my side and I hugged her closer to my body.

“Everything will work out, okay?” She nodded against my thin t-shirt. 

“I hope you’re right, Harry.”

“You should try and sleep now, love. We’ll talk more in the morning.”

“Yeah…okay. Goodnight, Har.”

“Sleep well, baby.” I kissed her hair and squeezed her lightly, both of us falling asleep almost instantaneously.