Tenerife Sea

H.

I pushed my rather lengthy hair away from my forehead and readjusted my wide-brimmed hat, in a sad attempt to keep myself under wraps, as I sauntered down the sidewalk towards W. Mandeville Grocer & Bakery. I was a bit surprised to see that there weren't any fans lingering around, at least not that I could see. Every time I get to come home, I make sure to stop by the bakery. Every other aspect of my life has changed, except for the slightly run-down little storefront where I spent most of my teen years prior to the X Factor. Even at twenty years old, I still enjoy being in the company of the older ladies that used to pinch my bum every chance they'd get. I smiled to myself as the outward signage appeared just above my head and I pulled the door open, stepping inside, away from the brisk air. I took in my surroundings, noticing there was only one older woman behind the counter, whom I wasn't familiar with, and a girl, but I couldn't see her because she had yet to turn around, but when she did, I was taken aback. It couldn't be...

"Harry Styles..." She said, a smile making it's way onto her face.

"Tessa McMartin..." I grinned back, masking my gape.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" She leaned back on the glass and I took her in. The big hazel eyes were just like I remembered, almost as though she borrowed them from a Disney princess, and her light brown hair was replaced by a dark chestnut color. Four years had done her well, I mean, she was pretty before, but now she looked like a fucking goddess. Just absolutely beautiful, really.

"Four years or something?" I chuckled as she nodded along.

"Probably..." Her smile-holy fuck. "I hear you're some kind of celebrity or whatever?" I couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

"You could say that."

"I'll be honest, I've got all your albums...I'm a fangirl." I couldn't get enough of her laugh, I wanted to hear more.

"Oh are you? Have you been to a concert?"

"I'm kidding, and no, I haven't really gotten the chance. This is really the first time I've been home in a while." What was she kidding about...?

"Why is that?"

"I've been in New York studying and working, but I was able to grab some time before heading back."

"So you've gotten out, that's great to hear. How do you like New York?"

"God, I love it, honestly...I don't know where I'd be if I had stayed."

"Here's the dozen croissants you ordered, Tessa." The unknown woman handed her a pink cardboard box with a smiley face drawn on the top.

"Thank you, Kathy."

"Of course, dear. Say hello to your mum for me!"

"I will! Tell Charlie I said hi!" Charlie Edwards? That's the only Charlie I can think of.

"He'd love to hear from you! Maybe the two of you could get lunch before you leave?"

"Definitely." Tessa smiled politely and turned back to me.

"It was really lovely seeing you, Harry. Tell you're family I said hello." She began to walk out when I stopped her.

"My mum would be so happy to catch up with you, if you've got time, obviously."

"Oh...are you sure?"

"My mum loved you...I guarantee she'd be happy if you stopped by." I said, knowing my mum would insist she stay for dinner or something.

"Um...okay? I guess I can try to stop in later tonight, if that's okay?"

"Absolutely. Do you need the address?"

"No, I remember where it is." I couldn't tell if I'd just made her uncomfortable, and I momentarily worried, but the thought of rekindling anything with this girl made my heart flutter immensely.

"Great...so I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay." She waved before tucking the box underneath her slim arm. "Bye Harry."