00.

Running was one of the things she was good at. Others would argue that she was only good at running away from her problems. She would argue that their assumptions weren't true; they'd never know what she went through when she was young. Maybe it was good that she didn't remember, she seemed to be better off as the person she was now.

The leaves were crunching under her bare feet as she ran. Her clothes were ripped and tarnished and her hair was knotted all the way up to her roots. Her body and face bloody and battered, but she was out.

Her breathing started picking up, her lungs started stinging and her legs started to ache badly, but she knew she couldn't stop. She kept running, through the forest, her eyes lighting up when they saw a sign.

Welcome To Charming.

Our Name Says It All.

Population 14,679.

Her bloodshot eyes scanned over the words, her eyes widening, as she remembered that she lived here. And her house was only a few miles away from the welcome sign.

She starts to sprint in the direction of her home, eyes opened wide and ears trained on any noise coming from behind her.

Nothing.

She was safe, at last, but she wouldn't stop just yet. She kept running, but this time so much faster, because she was insanely paranoid after the series of events that she went through. She couldn't remember half of what happened, that was her brain protecting her, but she did remember names and what these people looked like.

Finally, her street came into view... Then not long after, her house came into view. She sprints to the front porch, almost missing a few steps as she runs up, unlocking the door, then slamming and locking it behind her. Instinctively, her brain and gut feeling told her to barricade it... So she did, then called the police, while sitting on the floor in her cellar, away from all windows and doors.

"I'd like to report a crime."

"Yes, of course. Can you give a brief explanation?"

"Stalking, kidnappin' and more."

"Are you the victim, ma'am?"

"Yes."

"Why don't you come on down to the station at your earliest convenience?"

"Could I tonight?" She asks, biting on her fingertips. "I don't feel safe in my own house right now." She sighs and looks up as she hears a rumble of thunder.

"Of course, ma'am. We will be waiting here for you."

"Alright, thank you." She replies, hanging up the phone and getting up off of the floor. She tucks her phone in her pocket and keeps the police dialed, just in case. Her arms wrap around herself instinctively, as she walks up the stairs. Once she grabs her keys, she's off to the police station.

With the thought of her kidnappers on her mind, she keeps her doors locked, windows rolled up and vents closed as she drives, looking behind her more than she normally would. She wipes a piece of wet hair off of her cheek and continues driving, her hands getting clammy and eyes widening as she sees a blacked out SUV pull up behind her.

Two miles left.