20. A Battle Of Power.

"What do you mean he's gone to find Cage?!" Clarke exclaimed.

"He said something about fixing his mistakes?" Octavia looked baffled.

"What? What does that mean?!" Clarke asked desperately.

"I don't know. But he left this." Octavia said softly.

Clarke looked down to see Octavias extended hand holding a crumpled piece of paper. She took the note and after giving Octavia a worried look, began to read.

O.

I made a huge mistake that I have to fix. None of this would be happening to Clarke if I had just given her a chance. All this mess is my fault and now I have to do the right thing. I love you O and I'm sorry.

Tell Clarke I'm sorry. I never meant for things to go this far.

Love, Bellamy.

Clarke looked up at Octavia in shock. Bellamy had gone after Cage, for her.

"We gotta find him. Cage will kill him!" Clarke exclaimed.

~~~~

Bellamy walked with a confident stride as he made his way through the abandoned building. He ignored the anxious feeling swimming in his chest as he approached the arranged meeting point.

After leaving Clarke, he'd decided to meet Cage. He sent him a text and told him to meet him at an abandoned warehouse, not far from the one they'd been in only hours ago.

He was surprised that Cage had agreed to meet up, but not as surprised to find him already waiting for him. Alone.

"Lets make this quick Blake, I've got places to be." Cage grumbled as Bellamy stopped before him.

"This whole game you got going on with Clarke, it needs to stop. And whatever money you paid me, you can have it back. I don't want any part in this." Bellamy said strongly.

Cage chuckled darkly to himself. "It stops when I say it stops. Why do you care anyway? It was you who came to me remember?"

"What I did was a stupid reckless mistake. Clarke doesn't deserve any of this!" Bellamy growled. He felt his anger bubbling.

"Look. Bellamy, you're a smart guy. You know as well as I do that nothing you do is going to stop me." Cage smirked.

"It's just you and me now Cage. And I'm not scared of you." Bellamy said darkly.

"What makes you think it's just me?" Cage smiled evilly.

Before Bellamy could reply, four large muscly men walked out of the shadows. Bellamy looked around at each one and realised he'd make a big mistake. He was surrounded.

"Do your worst." Bellamy said, holding his hands out to his sides.

"Calm down Rocky, they're not going to do anything. Not unless I tell them to anyway." Cage smirked.

"I'm here to make things right. I owe Clarke that much. So if that means getting your henchmen to beat me up, then go ahead." Bellamy stated.

"What makes you think I won't go after Clarke when we're done here?" Cage asked.

"Because by the time I'm done with you, there won't be enough of you left to go after her." Bellamy threatened.

"Am I supposed to be scared?" Cage snorted.

Bellamy took this as his opportunity. Reaching into the waistband of his pants, he pulled out a gun.

"You tell me." Bellamy growled.