26. I Am The Fire

I am the fire - Halestorm

After her visit with Lexa, Clarke felt like she could take on the world. She was a brand new woman. Her passion and determination to free Bellamy was burning through her like a hot flame and Clarke vowed to herself that she wouldn't let anyone or anything stop her. True to her word, Lexa had started her investigation and had begun formulating a plan to help Clarke get the justice she deserved. 

She had wanted to visit Bellamy, but he'd told Octavia that he didn't want Clarke to visit. At first Clarke had been offended. She was worried that Bellamy blamed her and didn't want to see her because it was her fault he had been arrested. She thought Bellamy was angry at her. But it turned out, Bellamy hadn't wanted Clarke to see him in prison because he didn't want her to worry. Bellamy's reason were purely to protect Clarke, and that only made Clarke love him more. 

Walking into the kitchen, Clarke spotted Octavia and Lincoln sitting at the table with a police officer. Octavia looked up at the sound of Clarke's footsteps. 

"Clarke, this is Officer Finn Collins, he's helping us with Bellamy." Octavia smiled softly. Clarke couldn't miss the dark circles under Octavia's eyes. She looked exhausted. 

"Hi." Clarke nodded. She sat down beside Finn at the table, glancing at the pile of papers in front of him. 

"Pleasure to meet you Clarke." Finn smiled. 

"I would say the same, but the reason you're here isn't exactly a happy one." Clarke sighed. 

"True." Finn nodded. "Well, I was just telling Octavia and Lincoln here that Bellamy will sit before the court in three days time. After that, it's out of our hands." 

"So I have three days to get all the evidence I need to fix this?" Clarke swallowed hard. That wasn't long, at all. 

"It would help, yes." Finn nodded. 

"Okay." Clarke nodded. "I have a friend who's an attorney helping me deal with Cage."

"That's good. Bellamy will need all the help he can get." Finn said. 

"Clarke said that Cage has connections, he's never had a charge stick because he buys his way out." Octavia said, looking nervous. 

"It depends what judge Bellamy gets and who's on the jury. Unfortunately I have no control over that." Finn said sympathetically. 

Clarke let out a sigh and rubbed her temples. She could feel a headache coming on. She couldn't wait for this to all be over. Finn left soon after, assuring them he'd keep an eye on Bellamy and would be in touch soon. Clarke was grateful for the help, but she still had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. Cage was smart. He always had a trick up his sleeve and always seemed to be two steps ahead. If Clarke wanted to beat him, she had to think carefully and wisely. But most of all, Clarke knew that whatever she did, she couldn't hesitate. Any hesitation on her part could be disastrous, and not just for her. 

Bellamy's life depended on her now. 

~~~~

Octavia took a deep breath and sat down on the cold metal stool. Finn had managed to arrange another meeting with Bellamy, this time with Lexa joining them. Octavia was nervous, but Lexa looked like a pillar of strength. Her confidence radiated off her in waves, her posture was straight and her face was determined. Octavia quickly understood why Clarke had asked Lexa to help. The woman was a force to be reckoned with. 

"We only have fifteen minutes, so we have to make this count." Lexa said, pulling out a pen and notepad. 

"I know." Octavia nodded. "And thankyou, again, for doing this."