24. Dates

"A double date?" Bellamy raised a brow.

"That's what she said." Clarke nodded as she folded another shirt.

The two of them were sitting in Clarke's room. Clarke was putting away her clean laundry while Bellamy laid across her bed, leant up on his elbow.

"When I agreed to that whole 'doing something together' thing, I meant like paintball or something fun." Bellamy groaned.

"You said you're willing to give Lincoln a chance, you didn't bring any ideas to the table, and this is the first idea any one has had, so we're doing it." Clarke said.

"But a double date?" Bellamy groaned again, dropping face first into her bed.

"You said you wanted to take me on a date." Clarke smirked.

"Not with my sister and her boyfriend." Bellamy scoffed.

Clarke let out a soft chuckle and walked around the bed to sit beside him. He rolled onto his back and Clarke leant down and kissed his cheek.

"Just give it a try. You never know, it might be one of the best nights you ever have." Clarke smiled.

"I doubt it. You won't be naked." Bellamy smirked.

Clarke laughed a hearty laugh. It sent a shiver down Bellamy's spine. The sound was like music to his ears. He loved it.

"Well, if the date goes well, I might be later on." Clarke winked at him.

Bellamy let out another groan and rolled onto his side, his face pressed into her lap. Honestly, he didn't mind the idea of a double date. He just didn't think he'd ever do anything like that. Bellamy had spent most of his adult life partaking in one night stands with absolutely no emotional attachment whatsoever. He didn't do relationships. But here he was, getting excited about a date with Clarke, even if it wasn't just the two of them.

There was a knock on Clarke's bedroom door and the two of them pulled apart and sat up quickly.

"Come in." Clarke called out. She knew who it would be.

Sure enough the door opened and Octavia strolled in. 

"So, about this double date." Octavia said, sitting on the end of Clarke's bed. 

"You wanna cancel?" Bellamy raised a brow. 

"No." Octavia glared at her brother. "I was thinking, do we really want to do the whole quiet restaurant thing?" 

"What do you mean?" Clarke asked. 

"Well, you know as well as I do that it's just going to be awkward silences and constantly feeling out of place." Octavia said. "I spoke to Lincoln and he agrees that it's just not us." 

"So what did you have in mind?" Bellamy asked. 

"That's why I'm here." Octavia shrugged. "I was hoping maybe you guys would think of something." 

There was a silent pause for a moment while the three of them scrambled their minds to think of an idea. Suddenly, Clarke's eyes widened as an idea came to her. 

"What about the beach? There's rides, food, games. Everything fun and no awkwardness." 

"I like that, that's a good idea!" Octavia grinned. "Bell?" 

"Sounds good to me. And it's cheaper." Bellamy smirked. 

"Just because you guys are going as friends doesn't mean you don't have to make an effort." Octavia rolled her eyes. 

"I will make an effort! I know how to be a gentleman." Bellamy argued. "Even with friends." 

Clarke rolled her eyes and swatted at his arm. Octavia left the room to call Lincoln and Clarke and Bellamy were left alone once again. Bellamy leant back against Clarke's headboard with a sigh.