4. Opposites Attract.. or not.

"Who am I? Who are you?!" The tall dark stranger spat angrily.

Clarke clutched her towel closer to her body, suddenly feeling incredibly vulnerable.

"I'm Clarke, I live here. Your turn." Clarke raised a brow, almost challenging him.

"You live here? Since when?" The stranger looked at her like she'd grown a second head.

"Since about two months ago, I answered an add in the paper. Are you going to tell me who you are or shall I just call the cops?" Clarke asked, crossing her arms across her body.

"Go ahead, but you can't physically force a man out his own house." He challenged, mimicking Clarke's actions.

"Wait, you're Octavia's brother aren't you? You're Bellamy?" Clarke pointed at him.

"Wow, annoying and smart. Well done you." Bellamy rolled his eyes. He began to turn away but Clarke stopped him.

"Wait! Octavia said you were away for at least another year? How come you're home so early?" Clarke asked.

"Did Octavia say exactly where I was?" Bellamy asked.

"No. She just said you were working away." Clarke shook her head.

Bellamy didn't say anything else. He simply turned on his heel and walked towards his room. Clarke watched carefully as he pulled a small silver key out his pocket and unlocked the door. She didn't get a chance to see inside the room, Bellamy had slipped into the room and slammed the door shut quicker than she could blink.

Clarke stood there for a moment, stunned but mostly embarrassed. She hadn't expected anyone, let alone her landlords brother, to bump into her while she was dressed in nothing but a towel. Clarke shook her head again and headed towards her own room to get dressed.

Once she was done, she decided to go downstairs and get dinner prepared for when Octavia got home. Her new grumpy housemate was nowhere to be seen and Clarke was relieved. She wasn't usually one to judge a person before getting to know them, but something about Bellamy gave her a bad feeling. He didn't know her and he'd already insulted her.

Clarke wasn't sure whether she was expected to make enough food for Bellamy aswell but she decided it was the mature thing to do. Just because he didn't seem very fond of her, didn't mean Clarke had to sink to his level. She dished out three plates of food just as Octavia walked through the door.

"Mmm, something smells good!" Octavia grinned as she stepped into the kitchen.

"Just in time." Clarke smiled.

"Three plates? Are you expecting someone else?" Octavia asked, looking confused.

"No? This ones for your brother. We didn't have the greatest introduction and I thought I'd do the civil thing and at least make him dinner." Clarke shrugged.

"Wait, did you say my brother? My brother is coming?" Octavia shook her head, confused.

"He's already here, scared the shit outta me when I got out the bath earlier." Clarke rolled her eyes.

"My brother? My brother is here?" Octavia repeated.

"Didn't you know he was coming home? He's in his room." Clarke looked at Octavia with equal confusion. Why wouldn't Bellamy tell his own sister that he was coming home after working away for so long?

Octavia turned and rushed out the room. Clarke could hear her footsteps pound up the stairs and across the hall. She heard muffled voices but couldn't work out what they were saying. Rather than trying to listen, Clarke finished serving up dinner and set the table.